Hairspray?

FoyKohler

How advisable is it to use hairspray after H/T

I had my last transplant on 1/8/15 my doc says avoid (which I'm totally good with) but I see other people advising it's OK

I understand hairspray contains alcohol and that's a problem

Interested in hearing other perspectives

Thanks Foy Kohler

I don't see any reason why you can't use hairspray, especially if the surgery was done back in early January. Does your doc give a reason why? And does he want you to avoid hairspray permanently, or just until a certain amount of time has gone by?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

According to my doc the hairspray contains alcohol which is bad for grafts and new growth

While were on this subject should I be worried about using any particular shampoo or avoiding certain shampoos?

Being over two months out, I would think that you're perfectly fine to be back to your normal routine. Of course, if your doctor is adamant that you don't use hairspray, feel free to follow his advice. However, I really don't think it's a problem and it sounds like he's being very conservative - especially being so many weeks out from your surgery. The first couple weeks is the max I would think you would need to wait for that.

As for the shampoo, it's best to use a more gentle shampoo for the first couple weeks. Again, at two months out from your HT, I think you can use whatever shampoo you would normally use as long as it doesn't irritate your scalp. If it does, switch to something more gentle like a baby shampoo. But those grafts are definitely secure by now, so don't worry.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

FoyKohler.

Baby shampoo is gentle enough for 0 to 2-week old grafts. You should not have any issues with any hairspray or regular shampoo at this point (14 days post-op).

Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians