If anyone has done HTs and SMP for density augmentation, I would love to hear your story and see some pics.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

CD,

I have a few times, the most recent being October, 2013 before the ISHRS Conference in San Francisco. I had temporary SMP applied using Beauty Medical's technique. It's worn off enough now that it isn't offering much benefit but before it fades it works quite well.

Can't decide I also had it done in my crown to add the illusion of better density. You can see my photos in my blog on this site. It worked really well and looked amazing initially. It has all faded away since.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Can't decide I also had it done in my crown to add the illusion of better density. You can see my photos in my blog on this site. It worked really well and looked amazing initially. It has all faded away since.

Why do you think it faded so fast for you? Some are getting 1-2 solid years out of it. I am hoping to get one solid year out of it before a touch up. I don't swim in pools or sit in sun very much. I only use rogain foam once daily.

You only had one pass done right?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I was underwhelmed with how long it lasted for but it looked good for the first 6 months and amazing for the first 4 or so. I was buzzing about it when I got back from having it done. It dropped out of my donor scars quite quickly.

I did only have one pass because of the large area of my crown and the time restraints I had at that time. I don't use rogaine, or swim but I do wash my hair most days as I play sports, run, cycle, play football and I sweat a lot when doing these. This would have been a factor.

So I have mixed feelings about it from my experience looked great but faded quicker than I thought it would, I guess it would depend about how easy the clinic is for you to access for top ups and what the cost of these would be.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Garageland's SMP did look good but yes it faded fairly fast. I agree that his active lifestyle may have played a part in this but he did only have one pass when it is recommended that two passes should be had. This is usually what one gets when they have a procedure as the price will include two visits, maybe a third, depending on the time it takes to address all areas of concern but the second pass is the one that locks in the longer duration of the result as it adds more density.

Some of the post-procedure recommendations include limiting your time in chlorine pools, excessive sunlight and limits on minoxidil use as that can help it to fade faster. Everyone is different however as I've seen some Rogaine users have results that last as long as some that are not Rogaine users, if not longer.