1 Year Update : Still Deciding on Transplant - 1 Year on Propecia

Hi again!

I posted in this forum for my first time about a year ago, when I first started taking Propecia and seriously considering a transplant. Attached are some photos of my hair taken this afternoon, and the following link has my previous post with photos from last year.

Other than the shorter haircut now, they look about the same as far as I can tell?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174196-considering-hair-transplant-need-advice.html#post2382431

I also had a consultation with Dr. Rosanelli in San Francisco back in November. I had just quit my job, so my plan was to think about it while I traveled in Nov / Dec, and then decide and have a procedure early this year. I came out of my consultation with some hesitation. On one hand, Dr. Rosanelli seems highly recommended by this community, and he did seem very experienced and knowledgable. On the other hand, his personality came off to me as being a bit rushed and impatient, and I didn't really feel like we "clicked" because of that. He offered me a great deal on the transplant if I did it in January, but I wasn't really swayed by that. I'll happily pay full price for a great quality transplant.

So I did some more research, and came across a reddit post that recommends using a doctor who is certified through the American Hairloss Association.

I am a former bald guy who had hair transplant surgery. AMA! : IAmA

I noticed that Dr. Rosanelli was not on their list, but Dr. Panagotacos in San Francisco is recommended by the AHA.

American Hair Loss Association - Surgical Hair Restoration - Hair Transplant Surgeons

So now I'm planning to get a second consultation from Dr. Panagotacos and compare that to my consultation experience with Dr. Rosanelli.

I'd be so thankful if anyone has advice on how to go about choosing a surgeon that you trust. Any certifications or experience I should be looking out for? Important questions I should be asking in my consultations? Maybe you have a similar story to me and personally recommend someone?

Also, any other advice on my personal situation, based on the photos from today vs. 1 year ago are more than welcome :).

Thank you so much! This forum has been the most helpful tool to get me started on learning about and treating my hair loss.

IMG_2627.JPG.07b95ffac1438c0cb2b01b70557a5aaf.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG.b991eb7f1fdf5cc36e5fba2ede0faa13.JPG

IMG_2628.jpg.f624c6971f16e0086fc17ef3f4ae3d98.jpg

As far as I can tell, it just slowed the process down, and I haven't noticed any side effects.

I linked my original post with pics from a year ago, so you can judge the effect for yourself if you'd like.

What do you think? Dr. Rosanelli was eager to take me as a patient when I did my consult in Nov.

Yeah i think its just holted the process alot imo and with out any sides is a plus.

I dont think ive heard of that doctor before. Well i havent seem him in this site since ive been on here. But if you feel comfortable with him doing the procedure id say weigh up your options and if it feels right and he answers all your questions with satisfaction id say go for it buddy and hopw it all goes well for you.

Have a good day.