Post Op Washing Instructions

Hi Confused123,

Use any mild shampoo on your Transplanted area, Rub gently in the forward direction, do not rub in the reverse direction.Use palms(not fingers) upto 2 weeks post operation.Because after 2 weeks the grafts will get stable in your scalp.Later you can slowly use fingers(but never scratch with your nails) If you want to get rid off scabs,rub gently in a circular fashion(as told by Bill)

I've applied the same instructions as above, it was useful to me.

If you did not find it useful, you can consult your doctor or can search for more links on this forum.

UFUT - 2491 Grafts at Dr. Madhu

Mx-5 (Topical Minoxidil 5%)

Finpecia (Generic finasteride)

See My Hair Loss Website.

The Q&A is here:

http://www.regrowhair.com/hair...ter-hair-transplant/

If you have had a HT then your clinic should provide detailed post-op instructions. Some clinics are more cautious than others. For example, patients of Dr Rahal are told not to put their head under the shower until 3 weeks post op (if I remember correctly).

The grafts are secured in place after just a few days. Of coarse if you bumped your head hard enough you could disslodge a graft, but gentle washing starting 36-48 hrs after the procedure is what I recommend. The daily washing really helps to speed up the healing process and makes the scabs fall off sooner. I also recommend using a bowl to get head wet (do not stand directly under jet stream), gently tab the shampoo over grafts, and wash donor area in a side to side direction.