what do i do

so i have been on here for some time trying to figure out what i should do.

I want more desity. i am 33 years of age. my concern is getting a HT and filling in the areas. then losing my native hair due to shock loss. i would love to good questions to ask DR's.

fronthairline.png

right.png

left.png

top.png

20140824_201810.jpg

any help would greatly appreciated

Your case is somewhat reminiscent of 'JohnnyDrama':

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic-5.html

I think you have to weigh up a few things:

1. Could you afford to get another transplant within say, 5 years, just in case things progress for the worse? (not sure if you are on meds but your profile suggests not).

2. You are probably best opting for FUE unless you really don't care for the shaved head look and committed to 2-3 transplants.

3. Be willing to accept that there will be shock loss and the fact you may look worse for 1-6 months.

Generally the miniaturising hairs are the most liable to disappear, either as a result of the trauma or MPB. If they are getting finer then they are on their last legs anyway so it's no point worrying about them.

I would hope the doc would take this into account when implanting around existing hairs, taking care to avoid damaging the healthy looking hairs.

It goes without saying that you should go to someone with a proven track record in this sort of work.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Could you afford to get another transplant within say, 5 years, just in case things progress for the worse? (not sure if you are on meds but your profile suggests not). i am on Fin 1mg M W F

2. You are probably best opting for FUE unless you really don't care for the shaved head look and committed to 2-3 transplants. I dont' care about a shaved head if i get solid results. but why do you recommend a FUE vs FUT?

3. Be willing to accept that there will be shock loss and the fact you may look worse for 1-6 months. if it grows back sure!

Generally the miniaturising hairs are the most liable to disappear, either as a result of the trauma or MPB. If they are getting finer then they are on their last legs anyway so it's no point worrying about them.

I would hope the doc would take this into account when implanting around existing hairs, taking care to avoid damaging the healthy looking hairs.

It goes without saying that you should go to someone with a proven track record in this sort of work.