2500 FUE Dr Diep

recedingazn

Picture looks awesome! Can you let me know your techniques for getting rid of your scabs in the recipient area?

Again seeing your results I am excited too!

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy keeping up with work.

View image: IMG 4273

Anyways, this is 17 days post-op... I shed some hair around day 10 while removing the crust (I was told it's normal). But since then I've shed very little, I will probably shed in the next few weeks though... who knows.

No one knows I did surgery so far... and Im loving the results! I can finally go out without a cap (its been sooo longg since last time I did that without being concern of my reciding hairline :'( ...) So faar I can say this has been the best decision I've ever made.

To answer some questions, yes he is a REALLY busy doctor, I tried booking him back on October .. got my appointment til January 21st (so thats good if you ask me).

I'm jsut waiting for the shedding to come or maybe I will be one of the lucky ones who wont shed (knock on wood). Oh I restarted rogaine 2 weeks post op and started with 0.25 mg Propecia ED 10 days post op (I was hesitant but ultimately decided to go for it). So far no noticeable sides and shedding is minimal (5 hairs max during hair wash).

I can finally feel I'm winning the war against hairloss after 10+ years of living with this condition :) Let's see what happens in the next year :)

Oh and my transplanted hair is shorter than my native hair, but I can definitely tell its growing and catching up :)

@ x-tian-230k, this worked very well for me (not sure if it will for you) but around day 8 I used the sponge (not the yellow side but the one with "spikes") I used it in the *Donor area*, I combed from top to bottom *very* gently (very very gently cant stress this enough) this removed most my scabs that day, there might be some stubborn scabs but do not force them out, they will fall out by themselves. I think by day 10 -11 I was scab free in the donor area.

If you mean the scabs/crust in the recipient area (looks like super thick dandruff) that is much harder to remove, after day 7 you need to start massaging your scalp in circles (after soaking it for 20 min or so) I couldn't get all of it in one go, had to try the same the next day and the third time I tried they were all gone. But be prepared to shed some hair with the crust, I was told it was normal.

This is both my recipient and donor area @ day 19. Donor still looks reddish and I think I developed a pimple in the donor :(. Also the transplanted hair is now shorter than my native so it looks weird. but shedding has remained minimal thus far :)

recipient and donor @ 19 days post op.

View image: 19 1

View image: 19 2

I'm waiting not for the Dr to tell me when can I buzz my hair to even it out, but so far so good :)

I've received a couple PMs asking me if the Dr is good.

Long story short:

- This is my first HT so I cant compare to any other Drs.

-I'm very pleased with the results so far.

-Can't tell if the yield will be good, I think I need to wait til month 5-7 to be sure. Ill update for sure!

-Dr was cool and procedure was painless (I fell asleep almost for the entire procedure).

-People cant tell I had anything done.

-I love my hairline design.

-Price was ok, It's an expensive procedure and I know there are cheaper options, but I've suffered with hairloss so I decided Ic ant go cheap with this, after all we just have so much donor supply.

If you ask me to rate my experience I would say 4.7/5. Just because I'm from abroad and I can only communicate via email and they take some time to answer your questions via e-mail. But so far so good :)

Thank you so much for your response. It is extremely helpful as I am 8 days behind you. :-). I was just in Dr.Dieps office this afternoon for about 30 mins. It was my post op "in person" check up. I was not able to go see him earlier as my schedule was booked but we were able to skype at post op day 3 and everything looks great. I am healing at a great pace also.

Funny that you ask the question about using the clippers. I asked him the same question. He said at 2 weeks you can get your hair cut.

Again, I am in the Same boat as recedingazn. Dr Dieps work speaks for itself. Thus far I am very happy with the progress. I am relatively pain free. My procedure was 14 hrs and Dr Diep was very engaged. His staff is great to work with. Being as busy as he is, I felt like he still made time to talk to me over Skype and wanted to see me in person to ensure my recovery was on track. I would rate my experience as 5 out of 5 since I am local and all of my needs/concerns/questions/ and expectations have been met.

Good luck to the both of us!

@ x-tian-230k, this worked very well for me (not sure if it will for you) but around day 8 I used the sponge (not the yellow side but the one with "spikes") I used it in the *Donor area*, I combed from top to bottom *very* gently (very very gently cant stress this enough) this removed most my scabs that day, there might be some stubborn scabs but do not force them out, they will fall out by themselves. I think by day 10 -11 I was scab free in the donor area.

If you mean the scabs/crust in the recipient area (looks like super thick dandruff) that is much harder to remove, after day 7 you need to start massaging your scalp in circles (after soaking it for 20 min or so) I couldn't get all of it in one go, had to try the same the next day and the third time I tried they were all gone. But be prepared to shed some hair with the crust, I was told it was normal.

This is both my recipient and donor area @ day 19. Donor still looks reddish and I think I developed a pimple in the donor :(. Also the transplanted hair is now shorter than my native so it looks weird. but shedding has remained minimal thus far :)

recipient and donor @ 19 days post op.

View image: 19 1

View image: 19 2

I'm waiting not for the Dr to tell me when can I buzz my hair to even it out, but so far so good :)

I've received a couple PMs asking me if the Dr is good.

Long story short:

- This is my first HT so I cant compare to any other Drs.

-I'm very pleased with the results so far.

-Can't tell if the yield will be good, I think I need to wait til month 5-7 to be sure. Ill update for sure!

-Dr was cool and procedure was painless (I fell asleep almost for the entire procedure).

-People cant tell I had anything done.

-I love my hairline design.

-Price was ok, It's an expensive procedure and I know there are cheaper options, but I've suffered with hairloss so I decided Ic ant go cheap with this, after all we just have so much donor supply.

If you ask me to rate my experience I would say 4.7/5. Just because I'm from abroad and I can only communicate via email and they take some time to answer your questions via e-mail. But so far so good :)

lucky you! I want a consultation in person :( haha are you taking any meds?

Yes I am most certainly lucky. With that being said, I have been in rogaine for the past 6 years so I will continue with that at day 14 and I have a RX for Propecia so I will start that when I pick up the meds at the pharmacy. I hope I am not pet of that 1% that has side effects. Crossing my fingers. My thought process behind these meds is that I paid a lot of money getting hair back. I want to take all the precautions to keep it. I told myself that if I ever had a second chance at a full head of hair like when I was younger, that I should have taken the meds and rogain at he onset of starting to lose my hair. This is my second chance at not repeating my mistakes in the past.

So... yesterday I hit the 20th day mark, and shedding definitely started, oh well, I'm prepared it. I'll update again at the 3 month mark, hopefully by then there's some growth :)

Thanks for the update. I am at day 18 and I haven't noticed any shedding or shock loss.... Cant wait to see your results...

I didn't have any shedding whatsoever At day 18 either , it started slowly at day 20. It got worse at week 4. I'm about to hit the 1 month mark and I can say I've lost 95 % of the transplanted hair

Wow are you serious?? You are kind of making me scared a bit... :-( I sure hope that it doesn't happen to me. I really like the look I have now... ANyways, if it does, it does.... Its all part of the process.... I have been taking counter measures to help slow that process down... I started on Fin, Rogain, and use vitamin E oil with an anti-inflammatory. With that being said, I am sure the results will be great. Any shock loss at all in the donor area? I will certainly be keeping my eye out for any changes moving from day 19 thru day 30. ....

Thanks again!

@spyk777 thanks so much! Im so excited! @Tian sorry im a bit too busy with work, maybe over the weekend.

So its 1 month and 2 days, and I'm not sure if its normal but I can see little black dots (some a bit faint, but some of them are darker) in the recipient area. Some of them already look like mini hair :D

Thanks Curry! yeah seems like it. I will post some pics as soon as I get home or over the weekend :)

Curry I believe you asked about meds- I am currently on rogaine and propecia. I experienced very bad sides a couple of years ago (Proscar quarter tablets) while taking finasteride. So I was very hesitant to take any meds, the Dr did recommend taking them a lot so after thinking and considering the amount of money paid for the procedure I decided to take propecia starting day 14 with rogaine. However, Im only taking 0.25mg of Propecia. I've read in the forums that this dosage still have a good effect on hair. So far IL have zero sides (been on it for a few weeks now) except for some mild testicle pain every now and then. (its less frequent now, so I think my body is adjusting). No shockloss, only shedding of implanted hair which is natural. Hope this helps!

Update- This is day 37, I developed a very very small pimple (or two) in the recipient area. Called the Dr and got a prescription for antibiotics. I also have 2 weird "bumps" they are not pimples they are located were the new hairline meets the natural hair (they are just a tad smaller than a fingernail and no pus inside). Dr said to use antobiotics anyways to see if it helps. I havent started with the antibiotics yet but the bumps are getting smaller by the day on their own.

• 2 weeks later...

So its day 45 post op, since I've been asked to post pics, here they go. Not much to update. I do see some limited growth (cant see clearly from the pic but there are many little hairs coming out), I feel the best is yet to come :) I feel very positive. There no more itchiness and no sides from meds (rogaine + 0.25 finasteride ED). Well I do have waterly semen but thats about it. Donor area looks perfect, there are no signs of surgery whatsoever, no shock loss and density in the donor area seems just like before operation.

Recipient

View image: IMG 4461

Donor

View image: IMG 4462

PS: looks like my crown is thinning but in reality under normal lights u cant see any thinning.

• 1 month later...

As promised today I'm 3 months post OP. So here's my update, I just buzzed my hair to a number 2 to even it out. I have lots of growth but im not quite there yet its still pretty obvious, but oh well its just 3 months post op :P

Comments:

- No more pimples (finally...) I used to get one or two every 2 days but now I dont get any.

- I can notice hairs growing everywhere, its also getting thicker by the day.

- I had this one huge pimple which I had to pop, it healed nicely but I can tell no hairs grew on that particular spot (you cant see it from the pics but it gets pretty obvious if you know what you are looking for) so dont pop big pimples!

- Using rogained foam (morning) and liquid (night) every day. Also Propecia 0.25 every day but starting today im bumping it to 0.5 mg no sides yet and shedding is minimal (5-10 hairs per hair wash).

Recipient:

View image: 3

Donor 1:

View image: 1

Donor 2:

View image: 2

Let me know if you have any questions :)