Pls Weigh in... How bad is my crown?

tykouu

Hi. So I suffer from crown hair loss. I've been using rogaine nightly for about 11 months now. Not much improvement from it so I decided to start finasteride/propecia at 0.5 mg since October.

How bad is my crown? can propecia save it? Any words of advice? Please give me your opinions.

Thanks

image5.jpg.87a30d6f3fc8b007443c2abd0c5032cc.jpg

image2.jpg.c3a094b5ea50ce4ac6570d14d53993bc.jpg

image3.jpg.6af19c0b3ba35a61fa1e996c7f659823.jpg

5b32e3dc9612e_FullSizeRender(1).jpg.85a98cb61bd10c892133491454fd0be2.jpg

TBH from what I can see not to bad...

Did you take Pics of your crown prior before going on Rogain you may not feel it done nothing but it may have

If your 100% sure rogain done nothing for you maybe try a different brand such as 5% kirkland Min which its slightly less cheaper & some people swear its better than the brand name Rogain.

You could also look into Lipogain which is a little more cost but again some people swear it does better.

Maybe its just a case of trial & error & people have different results on Different brands of Min.

In any case stick what your doing & at least trying Fin or propcia can be bring you positive reults but as your well aware can & do come with sides effects for a few.

But good on you at least trying what's available out there all be it not much.

Stick it out record your progress going forward & post pics in the future to give yourself a better idea of any gains you may have.

Good luck

I agree that it doesn't seem too far gone. How old are you, btw? And have you considered upping the propecia dosage to 1mg/day? If nothing else, I would think that the propecia would stabilize your hair loss - but hopefully results in some regrowth as well. Only way to know for sure though is to use it and see if it works for you. Stay on top of the photos to document the progress and see how it develops. If the medications alone don't completely fix the problem, you could then consider a conservative hair transplant to fill in the crown area.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

In my opinion, you look like a good candidate for finasteride. Barring the appearance of any sdie effects, I recommend using it for one year before assessing the results. Take monthly photos under similar conditions so you can more effectively gauge the results.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website