Spex Weblog

Hey Spex- I was just wondering why the same picture shows up on your weblog profile that shows up on omviki's profile. Is that just an error with the weblogs? I just got really confused when I clicked on omviki's weblog

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

Hey Spex- I was just wondering why the same picture shows up on your weblog profile that shows up on omviki's profile. Is that just an error with the weblogs? I just got really confused when I clicked on omviki's weblog

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

No problem Bill

Another thing I noticed, and I could be wrong about this one, but on spex's weblog when you click on "buzzcut", that last group of photos with the dark hair is definitely not him, is it?

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

This is a rather strange occurrence. The image upload scripts do first check to see if there is an image of the same name and make the newly uploaded file name "unique", by adding an underscore and a number to the end of the file name.

All the blog images are stored in a directory on the server and only the file name is added to the "blogger's" profile information.

Even when a blogger replaces an image, the original file is then deleted, by referencing the file name stored in their profile and the new file name is then unique.

I suppose the only way that this type of thing could occur, is if two users update at exactly the same time and the image file names are identical. Though the chances of this happening are so slight, I am surprised that this did happen.

I will have another look at the scripts and see if there is any improvement I can make to ensure that this will not be able to happen again.

Hans

Webmaster

• Administrators

Hi all,

The scripts for the uploading of images has been updated and we should not see this issue happen again. I suspect that these 2 blogs were updated at exactly the same time, using the same image names and this caused the files to be as the same, for both blogs.

The changes to the upload scripts, will prevent this from happening in the future.

Hans

Webmaster