Post fue Surgery, Donor area re-growth

seeker323

Hi,

its been 9 days since I had my fue procedure, Everything seemed fien apart from the recovery of the donor area which seemed particularly slow. from most pictures Ive seen the hair has regrown and covered any redness by the 6-7th day.

I feel like the hair in my donor area is just not growing as it should and in some areas not growing at all, Ive posted a pic below just after the procedure and recently.

IMG_1784.jpg.b63af3fc2d8ca60f925f752d39af7e42.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg.6f8793ccbdcb650f81aa6f23c2d65031.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg.d8005b24ffe4b798dbabe0d11a39b98d.jpg

Hello seeker.

Were did you get your procedure?

Who was the doc?

How many grafts ?

The rest of your donor area is still very short are these photos taken at 9 days.

Definitely a big difference between donor and native hair.

I'm viewing the photos on my phone so cannot see them that clearly.

I'm sure someone will chime in but if you could just answer the questions it will give us a little better idea regarding your possible cause for concern.

Have a good day

Can shockloss really be that severe i.e cover such a large area?

I had the procedure done in Istanbul at Istanbul hair centre (based on a recommendation from a friend) not 100% sure how many grafts, I think around 2500.

The first photo was taken the day after the op (27th) and I've included another pic below from today (10th day)

I am starting to really regret why I evan considered this, the back of my head just looks horrible!! : ( and its the same on the side. :(

IMG_2037.jpg.af99bb2b8921c3b5b6b2510c2bb3c841.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg.42606ed55915526286c802396226c4f1.jpg

What was the name of the hair clinic?

You may well of been badly damaged by one of these sordid little outfits that are rife in Turkey but I wouldn't know maybe someone else with actual ht donor problems could tell what the problem here is!

How was your friends result from his procedure?

Did he have any problems with his donor area?

I hope you will update daily so we can follow your case closely?

All the best and have a nice day

Its called istanbul hair centre. Yeah my friends HT was fine no problems at all, intact most of the other guys I met at the centre were all healing pretty nicely.

If I had another chance i would not have gone ahead with the HT, I honestly would rather be bold, what a waste of money!! I feel like I've made a huge mistake :(

It looks like your donor area wasn't very dense to start out with. HT take from one area and put hair in another. So one area gets thicker, the other thinner that's how it works.

You may be a slow healer or had/have an infection, my FUE donor area looked almost normal after a week or two, but I took antibiotics from the start, not sure if your dr gave them to you I hear some don't.

I also thought my HT was worthless because I looked worse the first 3 months . That's the way it works for most. I wouldn't be shitting my pants unless the back of my head wasn't healing, which maybe yours isn't. I wouldn't stress about it but for sure get it checked for infection and get some antibiotics. I kept mine dry, your first picture looks all gooey and freaky, even slimy.

The recent ones look fine to me, just wait until the skin clears up and the hair grows out, worry in a month or so if it looks creepy to you. You cant expect miracles after 9 days, it take a good 9 months to see what really going on. What's the recipient area look like?

won't it be obvious if I have an infection?

below is the only pic i have before the op showing a bit of the back so i definitely had more hair lol

yeh that first pic was straight after the op, it was nasty i think they had a hard time getting my hairs and and just poked me all over the place. Ive still got little scabs on my donor area.

Ive posted a pic of the transplanted area about 5 days post op, about 70% of the scabs/hairs have fallen off now

IMG_1519.jpg.ea1adfb7a7dd1f4d3638c0074f6e515f.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg.24e6e97ea9471afe20331a507b15ee71.jpg

Your recipient area looks similar to what mine looked like so I'd think it's fine. Donor area looks like it's improving, people are different so maybe your surrounding hairs fell out more than most people. But it doesn't look like Freddy Kruger horrific like you think. You just had 2000+ pinhead sized chunks of flesh taken out of that area, can't expect it to look normal after a week or two. A simple black eye can last week's. I'd be more worried about the front looking right, which I think looks fine too.

Infections are pussy, and usually warmer than surrounding area and reddish.

hey Mongoal , seems like you have undergone a HT , so your basic knowledge is Much More than me ,

you have quoted that for the first 3 Months you looked like "Worst " than Before ... when did you actually start seeing tiny amounts of Hair Growth ? and By which Month was there enough Coverage so that you looked different ?

why I ask is because I am looking forward to a HT and still not Clear when growth emerges , as I need to Plan as my job is Meeting People everyday for the sales pitch !

If I remember right both my donor and recipient area looked awesome like a month later. Donor area healed 100%, and the new hair in my balding areas was growing like crazy. Then at maybe 2 months all my new hair implanted fell out and I was almost bald again. I expected it because everyone on the forum explained it would happen as well as the doctor.

I also had pimple like in infections of lumps, not many but a few. I pushed on them and some grafts fell out, probably dead anyways. I can see the area that had the infections when I shave my head and its bald there, size of about a half of s US dime. Kind of sucks because its in the front area slightly above the hairline.

Is there a chance they took too many grafts from the back of my head?

I really hope it aint shockloss, I cannot be wearing a hat everywhere I go for the next 3 months! If the hear does not grow back within the next week I aint going to be too happy:mad:

Seeker is it getting worse,better or staying the same?

If you take uniform photos, in the same position, lighting ect ect every two or three days you and us will be able to judge how your situation is coming along and maybe be able to offer some advice.

Was it a dr that did the op ?

Have you contacted the clinic?

Have a good day

Prior to your HT, it appears you like your hair in the back to be about an inch. That's long, so I would think you wont even notice any was removed in the first place. Your head is shaved right now so you can see it. If you wear a hat nobody will know right now because that donor area is all they see so there's no contrast between your donor area and the untouched area.

Everyday your donor area will look better, you may have shed some hair in the back but that is suppose to come back. I think your being a bit overboard focusing on the back of your head, nobody sits behind and zooms in you the back half of your head, they see the front of your head.

You could also use electric clippers to cut the hair in the back and fade the donor hair length into the non donor area. I did that and it looked better but again it wasn't that drastic of a difference. Remember you had a HT, most people that have HT think people are looking at them funny, people focus on their bald spot, thinning hair, small peepee syndrome etc.

People really don't look around and say "hey!, do you see that guy with the bald spot! hahahah!, look at that ridiculous hairline!, thinning hair freak show!, inferior man!, his hair in the back looks thinner, LOOK HOW THIN IT IS HAHAHAH". Its just not like that.

So next week the back of your head will be much better, its the front that will be bugging you soon id expect.

I found some pictures from my HT. These are maybe a week or maybe 9 days after, I didn't document it well. I shaved my whole back area. It looks similar to yours, I took a picture from a regular distance. If I was to have zoomed in with flash on and focused high definition im sure mine would look like Freddy Kruger too.

If you look at the close up on my pic and focused on the worst area youd think it was a nightmare too. The third pic is about a month old after shaving it all the same length, does it look any different than brad pitts hair shaved in the back, nope. These pictures were taken about 4 years ago.

The last two pictures: one is last month at about 2-3 inches, and one taken right now. I shaved it bald two weeks ago and I look like a bald freak basically with shaved head under florescent lights. So basically I will be letting it grow out. Luckily im so damn good looking it doesn't matter if my hair is a little thin, would I want it thicker, of course and probably will get another FUE HT in the next year or so.

back1.jpg.7dda73af90bf66b8bcd69b21783b8f7d.jpg

back2.jpg.e932a20b93989a1221de5f0d68f6d9ac.jpg

back3.jpg.016e7c1f0e18e978a0079f525af2841d.jpg

lastmonth.jpg.853e95be0b6b34bb687852036f25cd8b.jpg

baldfreak.jpg.6db14374a367a94c210b6789f9abb400.jpg

Edited by mongoal

Hey

Thanks guys for the supportive and reassuring comments.

I have included a recent pic below, from a distance and not much flash, I think its definitely improved from before I just hope its back to normal by the time i go home at the end of the month!

When can I get a haircut to evan out the back with the rest? Can I use a razor? i am getting conflicting reports online.

IMG_1225.JPG.4875e9d25957e4de8f5a03c4cc71a546.JPG

Its starting to look much better seeker.

Its surprising what a bit of extra hair lenght can make in making things look better.

When people have a ht and grow their hair longer the results compared to keeping it buzzed to say a #2 is a world apart in appearance.

Keep growing your hair seeker and see what effect it has on your look.

Good luck to you and have a nice day

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting really worried now, I shaved my head so the sides and top look the same. Now the top has grown back as expected but the sides over a month later still looks bad. The pics below are with flash but you can still see the red spots/bumps and the gaps.

I thought shock loss was hair not growing back in one particular area for me it seems across the entire region where the hair was taken.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

IMG_2543.jpg.72ef87cfbb88c19f2206223ef3e37b67.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg.4be4abb223ace1415e5ecbe8548083f4.jpg

It appears they may have over harvested in the donor region. It also appears that this some considerable scarring in your donor region. Do you know what size punch was used?

I would contact your surgeon and express your concerns as they appear to be valid.

I am getting really worried now, I shaved my head so the sides and top look the same. Now the top has grown back as expected but the sides over a month later still looks bad. The pics below are with flash but you can still see the red spots/bumps and the gaps.

I thought shock loss was hair not growing back in one particular area for me it seems across the entire region where the hair was taken.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

no, that's not right at all. Looks like scar or infection or prior infection or over harvesting. It possible maybe shockloss but doubtful. Clearly you see scarring or some sort of infection.

Take some normal outside pictures with no flash etc. Also a few pics like 5ft away etc.

The untouched area above your doner area looks weak naturally so you might be ok with 3/4-inch long. Did you take antibiotics a few weeks ago like suggested?

The spots have been there for a while, if it was Folliculitis surely it would have cleared up by now?

I am going to see my GP tomorrow and see if i can get some sort of antibacterial cream and maybe evan another dose of antibiotics.

can they really over harvest across the entire region aint it usually localised?

I must admit it it does not look so bad from a distance just a dodgy haircut but up close you can see the bumps and gaps.

: (