HT without propecia / finasteride - Any success story?

lucas86

Hi guys,

Before posing my question, I'd like to point out that I'm aware that many people in this forum think it would be a mistake to have a HT without taking finasteride. However, some guys like me are not willing to take the risk of having serious and permanent side effects.

So, here's my question: Are there any success stories about people that had a HT and are not taking finasteride?

Of course there are success stories, but there will always be those, not everybody's hair loss advances much, some do, some don't. In some cases, significant hair loss happens post HT, but the patient is lucky to have good donor to yield more grafts. But that is truly irrelevant, what's really relevant is how YOUR hair loss is going to advance. Do you have any understanding of what's in your future?

Sure why would it not be a success? I bet 50% or less HT veterans don't use them. Meds help in areas that have native hairs left. Transplanted hairs are dht resistant. All depends on the circumstances. Use them if you need them to prevent future loss, but by all means it does not mean that you will fail without them.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Of course there are success stories, but there will always be those, not everybody's hair loss advances much, some do, some don't. In some cases, significant hair loss happens post HT, but the patient is lucky to have good donor to yield more grafts. But that is truly irrelevant, what's really relevant is how YOUR hair loss is going to advance. Do you have any understanding of what's in your future?

Based on my family history, I might end up in a NW 5/5V (my father is NW 5V and he's 70 years old). I'm 28 yo and I'd say I'm currently NW 3 or 3V. I don't have a bald spot yet, I guess thanks to minox (which I've been taking for 1.5 years) but my crown area is slowly thinning.

I'm not planning on undergoing a HT now, but I am considering having one in the future when my MPB progresses up to the point where my crown gets uncovered.

Thank you guys for your replies.