Hair Styling products post op

I am coming up to 6 months post op now and for the first time in almost 10 years I have hit a problem albeit its a nice problem to have :D - I'm not sure which hair styling products to use!!!! :confused:

Can any of you recommend any styling products that enhance your HT results and keep it looking the same or better? I want to avoid any gels/waxes that clump your hair together and leave gaps exposed.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Here's a popular thread about styling products.

Best Way to Make Your HT Glisten w/ Extra Density&Naturalness?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It would depend largely on what type of hair you have, but I am quite partial to KMS California Hair Play Molding Paste. It takes just a little bit and it's quite flexible. :)

FYI: This is coming from a guy who has tried nearly every hair product on the market, and never satisfied. It looks like a sample selection at a beauty salon underneath my sink. But this one seldom disappoints. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I use clay I personally find it can add definition and allow for styling without making the hairs clump together too much. I tried many products, clay, gum, wax etc before settling on works best for me but it comes down to personal preference.

This is the time to enjoy it though!

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Definitely avoid water based products my man, I'd even say clay as well seeing it weighs the hair down. I use to work with American Crew years ago and along the way found any matte or fibre paste goes a long way. Check out volume hair powder there are hundreds of versions, the stuff is gold. Avoid hair sprays and use a lacquer base d spray will give you an amazing hold one ready. How long is your hair now mate? Love to see it styled!

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*