Mochi Adventure (Dr. Siporin, 1673 grafts frontal and temples)

mochi

Mochi,

Thanks for sharing your surgical photos with Dr. Siporin. At only 5 days, there is no sign of any scabs or recipient area redness in the photos.

Dr. Siporin has an outstanding reputation and a number of satisfied patients, several of which, have posted their results on this forum.

1673 grafts should be a nice start for you but may not give you the density you desire overall. Was there a particular reason you and Dr. Siporin chose not to do a larger session?

I look forward to learning more about your case and following your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

Mochi,

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures. I genuinely hope you'll continue to provide updates to chronicle your transformation, especially since we have very similar hair characteristics.

Just curious, but do you know your original hair density? What is your new density?

Best of luck with healing and (re)growth.

Mochi:

Thanks for sharing. Good luck with your growth phase, hopefully you will be satisfied with the result. In the meantime, i do agree with Bill that 1673 grafts may be a little thin. What kind of density did you aim for? Thanks.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I actually thought the scar was pretty low... haha... may have been the way the picture was taken. Additionally, it could be the way my head is shaped, the back of my had is kinda pointy... which Dr. Siporin commented on and the scar seems to follow along that pointyness... if that makes sense.

I agree that the number of grafts is a low given the number I have seen other patients recieve. I have mentioned that I believe that it is due to the fact that I did not wan't to shave the recipient area or the donor area. Additionally, although the pictures may be a bit misleading... my hair loss pattern is pretty diffuse. I do not have a high density in areas where MPB does not occur and therefore I believe that I may not need as many grafts in the frontal area for it to "match" the density of the rest of my head.

Again, Dr. Siporin did say that I would definitely see an improvement after my 1st HT, but likely would want a 2nd HT in the future if I wanted increased density.

FYI. My goals were to increase density of my current hairline and give me the look of a receeding hairline, but a more natural and gradual one. Keep in mind that my age is 25 and I felt it would be better to stay conservative at this time.

Thanks everyone for their comments.

From a scar stretching point of view, there is no cause for alarm with a higher scar. The only time it could present a problem is if the patient's male pattern baldness extends to that area. In many cases, it will not.

Hair transplant surgery is about providing an optimal result while minimizing risk. I expect that Dr. Siporin chose the placement of the scar based on Mochi's hair loss pattern, risk of future baldness to that area, and hair style.

Keep us posted on your growth Mochi.

Heal and grow well icon_smile.gif

Bill

yes nw_2. The scar is slightly above the ears. Additionally, given the balding characteristics of my family and the preventitive measures I have already begun taking (rogaine, propecia). I don't think I will be losing hair in the crown area. However, I have not been applying rogaine to the crown area.

• 1 month later...