Finasteride lost effectiveness after 15 months?

sheraz104

I am 22 and diffused NW6. I've been on Fin for 17 months and it had slowed my hair loss and my hair line was somewhat intact but two months back I started notice thinning on hair line, top and crown area. Now my hairline is not intact anymore, it has thinned overall and there has developed a large spot on the middle of hair line. Top and crown areas has extremely thinned out.

I've shed heavily for majority of the time after I got on Fin and in the last two months there's little but not significant increase in shedding compared to before. Two months ago my hair were not too bad compared to when I started Fin but now I'm balder than ever.

Is Fin losing effectiveness?

I have searched some forums and people claim to experience temporary sheds every once in a while on Fin. Do these sheds can thin your hair to the point that you seem to have lost half of the hair compared to pre-shed?

I don't have my old pics. I will try finding one in my bro's laptop.

Start with dutasteride (Avodarte). Its slighty more effective than finasteride. While finasteride reduce 70% of the enzymes converting testasterone to DHT, dutasteride removes approx 91-94% in some studies.

• 2 weeks later...
I have searched some forums and people claim to experience temporary sheds every once in a while on Fin. Do these sheds can thin your hair to the point that you seem to have lost half of the hair compared to pre-shed?

I don't have my old pics. I will try finding one in my bro's laptop.

Ride it out, it can be a shed its very common. Don't change your dosage or switch to another drug yet!

Here is my 2 cents worth..

Obvious Fin haven't gave you any major sides & its done as much as possible for the dose you have been taken.

So maybe a option would be to up your daily intake of Fin, but speak with your Dr first.

I wouldn't jump ship to Dus right now being you have try & tested Fin & worked to a certain degree...

It could be as simple as giving you a little more to control the DHT or could be as the OP said just season shedding & things will move forward.

But from what I read that some people on Meds do shed from time to time also.

Like I said have a chat with your Dr & go from there.