1322 Total: ARTAS (mostly) + Manual FUE (Dr. Yates, Chicago)

pidda

Any reason they went so high for extractions?

I was thinking the same thing as this is way above the safe zone.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Sorry you had a bad experience, it really sucks, I went through it as well years ago.

I live in Chicago and remember Dr. Yates popping up a few years ago in HEAVY rotation on tv with the some slick ads where he was touted as one of the "world's leaders" in hair transplantation and immediately thought to stay away from him and ARTAS. The robot deal never really caught on and had a bad track record overall, many docs tried it and abandoned it. There's another doc with a celebrity endorser who is hitting it heavy in Chicago right now also.

On the positive side you don't have a horrible strip scar running across the back of your head (I have two) and you can get more work done by a reputable surgeon. Yates took all your grafts from the back of your head, it would have made more sense to harvest your sides as well to utilize your donor better and the resulting thinning of the area. So basically you have virgin sides that can be used in the future. If you're in or near Chicago I would recommend you pay Dr. Konior and his crew a visit for a consult and he'll give you an honest assessment good or bad.

Edited by StaggerLee123