What factors influence success of a FUE HT (aside from doctor choice)

options

Hi,

So after reading around on this forum, aside from the doctor choice, which can be independently researched, what factors affect the success of the FUE hair transplant?

I'm thinking specifically around the quality of the donor area...I've read various technical ways of describing this, but I'm not sure what they mean. If anyone could define the commonly used terms regarding the donor hair (like for example, is density, thickness, diameter etc of donor hair important?) that would be really helpful! Or alternatively provide links....

Thanks very much :D

depends on what kinda hair you have and if u actually hav enough donor hair available. not everyone does.

some are diffused thinners and are limited to how many grafts can be removed. the density of ur donor zone plays a big role. natural hair density varies from 60-100 follicles/cm giv or take. basically 125-300 hairs.

the general population will hav 200 hairs/cm2. for ppl with straight hair the donor density shud be about 100 hair/cm2 to properly cover the donor area and not appear thin. wavy thick hair will need less to create the illusion. cause thats all it is is an illusion of more hair.

follicular unit density is highest in the midline of the donor area and will decreases laterally for most. hair shaft diameter plays a significant role in the volume of any hair transplant.

the size of ur head plays a role too which many fail to recognize. the larger ur head the more grafts ull need.

Edited by BUSA