Going for a HT in.... ISTANBUL

Dakmary

Hi all.. I'm a long time reader.. first time poster :D

finally decided to take the plunge. I'll be on vacation in Istanbul, and you know.. one of the main things people do in Istanbul beside sightseeing is... Hair Transplant! :P

I know there are two doctors in Turkey that are recommended in this forum, but there are not an option for me.. due to time and price (I know HT is a serious thing and I should not limit my decision based on price and time.. but it is what it is). so let's get to business

I'm considering one of two Doctors

Dr. Zekeriya Kul or Newage clinic (probably Dr. İlker Apaydın)

What I liked about both Doctor is that (pls correct me if I'm wrong)

1- They've been doing FUE for quite some time

2- They do everything by them self.. No "Experienced technicians" BS.

3- Based in Istanbul !!

4- from the photos I've seen.. Very good results.. In fact Dr. Kul has a youtube channel

5- Reasonably priced (1 Euro per graft does not include hotel or travel)

6- during communication they were VERY professional and not pushy at all..oh, and honest

- Dr. Kul told me I don't need 3000 grafts as I thought, but rather 2500

- When I asked Newage about PRP, they told me if I'm not going to take all 3 sessions, there is no need to waste money.

To be honest I'm leaning more toward Dr. Kul. In his Website and youtube channel he talks a lot about his technique.. such as punch width of .6-.8mm, the depth of each punch and the right speed of the micromotor.. here are few lines from his website

Dr Kul has been using the “Stick & Plant” technique since 2005 instead of “Slit”. According to Dr Kul, “Stick & Plant” is the latest point hair transplantation reached today. With this method, Dr Kul uses a special needle to implant, which allows him to implant a high number of grafts in 1 cm2 area. Using a needle allows him to implant the follicles in their natural directions and angles. It also allows a quicker healing process since no cuts are performed during implantation.

What do you guys think? any suggestions ?

DSC_0261.JPG.ffa3517b7d127c97849b0ef54fcd498c.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG.d337d155aafd9debedfe68510ee73af5.JPG

I don't know enough about either physician to provide educated feedback. However, I hope you'll document your progress here whomever you choose.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David.. I couldn't find many reviews on either doctor on this forum. However, there are many impressive results in other forums (German, Spanish and Italian forums)..

I'm happy to share these results here, but I think it's against the rules :|

Thanks David.. I couldn't find many reviews on either doctor on this forum. However, there are many impressive results in other forums (German, Spanish and Italian forums)..

I'm happy to share these results here, but I think it's against the rules :|

As a patient, you are most welcome and encouraged to share your results with any physician.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website