to FUE, or not to FUE?

newguy27

Hello, sorry for lame title.

i would really appreciate som advice regarding my hair situation , and my options.

im 27 now, have been losing hair for 5+ years, but have always expected it to stop, because my father and grandfather have similar loss at age 56 and 82.

but recently i have lost more than them in the middle/front.

I read up on FUE and thought it would be my salvation, but after seeing my pictures and heard from an online consultant that my hair on the top is thinning and will fall of eventually, kinda destroyed me, as i never had expected it to go that far.

So I'm coming her to hopefully find someone with familiar loss, and cases where hairloss stops at a certain point.?

I was 95% on going thru with a FUE, but after herding that i need to plan ahead, to maybe save hair for a second FUE in the near future, i got the air kicked out of me a bit, therefore i would appreciate som advice.

here are some pictures of situation :

topp.jpg.e7cf348c42d68c2e92b1697fd9ccd123.jpg

topp2.jpg.7496b188bfe22598b835b34d8fb71c51.jpg

side.jpg.84ec6fd66b8cac7f218fdbe1e2f103ff.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg.02ab94f93b304fb41001e6de6595a568.jpg

Get on Finasteride... see if it works for you. Don't consider a transplant until you know if it works for you. I'm about to be 27 in a few days and have a similar loss pattern. I am on finasteride and just recently started Rogian in the crown. I have retained the front tuft and some of the fringe. I'm thin in the crown. Finasteride should stabilize the pattern for a while. If you can control and retain the back with meds, you can transplant the front. As far as stopping the progression, you'll never really know where it will stop. If you wet your hair and look in the mirror with bright lights, you can see a pattern of where the hair is thinner. This might give you an indication of the pattern. You could get a decent result with a single proceedure. Will you want/ need another procedure... yes.... but a decent result can be accomplished with one pass. Saving the back with meds is the most crutial point at this point.

Get on Finasteride... see if it works for you. Don't consider a transplant until you know if it works for you. I'm about to be 27 in a few days and have a similar loss pattern. I am on finasteride and just recently started Rogian in the crown. I have retained the front tuft and some of the fringe. I'm thin in the crown. Finasteride should stabilize the pattern for a while. If you can control and retain the back with meds, you can transplant the front. As far as stopping the progression, you'll never really know where it will stop. If you wet your hair and look in the mirror with bright lights, you can see a pattern of where the hair is thinner. This might give you an indication of the pattern. You could get a decent result with a single proceedure. Will you want/ need another procedure... yes.... but a decent result can be accomplished with one pass. Saving the back with meds is the most crutial point at this point.
what? don't consider a HT if Fin doesn't work for him? listen, if ur gonna give out really bad advice to ppl then just don't comment at all!

plenty of ppl get HT's WITHOUT Fin. and plenty of ppl stabilize in their early 30's so Fin really wudnt do anything for them cause their not losing anymore hair anyway.

yea some it will help with the crown but not all and not very much for most and Fin has some really BAD sexual side effects for many ppl.

how do u know what u have maintained if you just started using it?

• 4 weeks later...

So, i have consulted with several Dr`s over the web and all have been pretty much the same.

about 3500grafts for ? mature hairline reconstruction, conservative approach due to age and loss pattern.

Advised to get on Meds asap ( still waiting for fin proscription )

Finally i decided on Dr. Feriduni and am up for surgery july 2015 :D

i feel very hopeful and I'm sure Feridunis clinic will take good care of me.

for a hole week i think i decided and changed my mind at least 50times each day,

and the biggest reason i decided to take a leap of faith and get it done was the hope that,

even if all fails regarding density etc, i could get away with having a super short cut with the illusion of a full and nice hairline, which is what i see as a last resort but still a huuuge improvement from where I'm at now.

its a long wait, but i will be around here in the meantime, and keep you posted with my HT when time comes.