Late Growth

To all,

Are there any repair patients that had no or very minimal growth at 6 months, and were then satisfied with their results at a later time? If so, how long until you saw growth? If you have any pics it will really help, I'm really losing hope. I know they say it's hard to see the growth, but I cant find one hair that is any thinner or shorter than my first HT, and the spacing between my hairs looks the same. I know everybody says wait, but I just can't imagine no growth now, and still being satisfied in a couple of months. Maybe, if I see a patient who went through this already it will give me hope.

To all,

Are there any repair patients that had no or very minimal growth at 6 months, and were then satisfied with their results at a later time? If so, how long until you saw growth? If you have any pics it will really help, I'm really losing hope. I know they say it's hard to see the growth, but I cant find one hair that is any thinner or shorter than my first HT, and the spacing between my hairs looks the same. I know everybody says wait, but I just can't imagine no growth now, and still being satisfied in a couple of months. Maybe, if I see a patient who went through this already it will give me hope.

john like you iam 6mos into my 2nd ht.i also dont see different sizes of hairs.but iwoild have to say that my hair does look fuller now .from the picture i saw of you your hair looks great.i know sometimes picture dont tell the whole story.is this the case with you?but i do look in the mirror every day for new growth .im being optimistic,good luck

John - I am also on my second, although the cosmetic effect has been slow, I have felt stubs of hair for months now.

Are you saying you can't feel these across the area of the transplant?

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

spin 266,

Those pictures are of me before my second ht. Trust me my hair looks a thousand times better in pictures. That is why I did not post any new pics yet because everyone will say that it does not look bad. Well, it did not look bad in the pics pre op either. Trust me, not one person I showed my Ht to thinks it looks natural. Anyway, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by HairHope:

John - I am also on my second, although the cosmetic effect has been slow, I have felt stubs of hair for months now.

Hair hope,

you've been feeling them for months, but still don't see them? I, sadly, think that what your feeling is other hair pulled down--that sometimes feels like stubbles. If you felt stubbles a few months ago, that hair would surely have been visable by now.

John,

I understand you're concerned, but most of your questions have been answered on your thread "How Long Until I'm Hatless".

I can't predict what will happen for you, but I've seen cases where hair growth didn't start until the later months but still successfully grew and matured. Try to hang in there and take comfort knowing that you have plenty of time left before your full result comes in. I'm sure in the event your results aren't optimal that your physician will do what he can to help you.

All the Best,

Bill

Nahhh, I'm only at 6 months and last time, the same thing happened (slow grower - thick coarse hair). It was like night and day my results from 8 months to 18 months...

Have faith, I do.

Originally posted by John Malloy:
Originally posted by HairHope:

Hair hope,

you've been feeling them for months, but still don't see them? I, sadly, think that what your feeling is other hair pulled down--that sometimes feels like stubbles. If you felt stubbles a few months ago, that hair would surely have been visable by now.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

• 4 years later...