Matt Iulo HeadStrong Verus His Hair Clinic

As a recent client of both organizations: His Hair Clinic and HeadStrong NY, I will say both are to be commended . Each company does good work and are changing lives. As an eyewitness ( and client) I will say Matt Iulo of HeadStrongwork is far superior and the client experience is truly impressive. These guys get it.

I first approached His Hair in April 2014. I initially spoke with Matt. He gave me the run-down of the procedure, expectations ,and of course cost. I took some time to think and agreed to move forward. Matt did not do the treatment , it was a member of his staff. Greg was very polite and very professional. Greg went over a few options and I told him what I was expecting. I was looking for a sharp, dark , defined look( keep this in mind for later in the story). The first treatment was good. Greg advised me on what to do and not to do. We agreed on a second treatment. Greg did a good job on the first and I was very excited.

I came back in ten days if I recall. Greg said we could go darker. Keep in mind I am the client and these are supposed to be the “experts.” Greg proceeded to go forward. After the treatment, I noticed it was "too dark" and did not look natural. You would expect the " expert" to advise the client and make recommendations. Greg did not do that. Instead , he said" this is what you asked for" very defensively. This is bad client service. If a 4-9 woman goes in for 40DDD breast augmentation, does the doctor say ok, or do they make “suggestions and recommendations” as to what they think is best? In no way did Greg do this. It shows a lack of experience and professional depth. Greg mentioned it would settle in and I should be patent. After two days, my sister told me it looked like someone put mascara on my head. I called the corporate office of His Hair in London to lodge a complaint to say something must be done about this "botched job." In two weeks’ time I went back, this time Matt worked on my head and did a great job.

After three weeks , I decided a needed " sharper lines and a more defined look." Matt however had left His Hair Clinic for his own shop. I decided to go with him to his new company. Matt ADVISED me against going darker and more defined ( unlike Greg). Matt advised less is more, and the goal is to look natural. I said I still wanted to move forward. Long story short, as they say be careful what you wish for. It looked "unnatural." A few folks asked if my hairlines were a tattoo. Not good. Now I am panicking. I called His Hair to get a second opinion. Greg and his colleague advised it was "too defined." They said I should consider a laser removal of the hair line and wait 10 days and redo hair line.

I then go to Matt. He advised I do NOT need laser removal. He spent least 45 minutes going over how and what he would do. That would involve softening the hair lines to make it look more “natural.” It took two sessions at half the cost of what His Hair was going to charge and with no laser removal . I am now getting compliments and finally feel happy.

I am not here to bash His Hair. They are great. But I feel the consultants are NOT as thorough and experienced as they should be and it shows. Their customer service is atrocious. Matt is a bespoke craftsman who excels at the entire process -SMP to client after care. His partner Chris called me on a Sunday and gave me his mobile number if I should ever need to reach him. WOW!

Matt and HeadStrong are simply on a another level. Think of Matt as the Mercedes and His Hair as the Toyota. If you are looking for the total experience with one of the best in the business, I recommend Matt Iulo and HeadStrong.

As a recent client of both organizations: His Hair Clinic and HeadStrong NY, I will say both are to be commended . Each company does good work and are changing lives. As an eyewitness ( and client) I will say Matt Iulo of HeadStrongwork is far superior and the client experience is truly impressive. These guys get it.

I first approached His Hair in April 2014. I initially spoke with Matt. He gave me the run-down of the procedure, expectations ,and of course cost. I took some time to think and agreed to move forward. Matt did not do the treatment , it was a member of his staff. Greg was very polite and very professional. Greg went over a few options and I told him what I was expecting. I was looking for a sharp, dark , defined look( keep this in mind for later in the story). The first treatment was good. Greg advised me on what to do and not to do. We agreed on a second treatment. Greg did a good job on the first and I was very excited.

I came back in ten days if I recall. Greg said we could go darker. Keep in mind I am the client and these are supposed to be the “experts.” Greg proceeded to go forward. After the treatment, I noticed it was "too dark" and did not look natural. You would expect the " expert" to advise the client and make recommendations. Greg did not do that. Instead , he said" this is what you asked for" very defensively. This is bad client service. If a 4-9 woman goes in for 40DDD breast augmentation, does the doctor say ok, or do they make “suggestions and recommendations” as to what they think is best? In no way did Greg do this. It shows a lack of experience and professional depth. Greg mentioned it would settle in and I should be patent. After two days, my sister told me it looked like someone put mascara on my head. I called the corporate office of His Hair in London to lodge a complaint to say something must be done about this "botched job." In two weeks’ time I went back, this time Matt worked on my head and did a great job.

After three weeks , I decided a needed " sharper lines and a more defined look." Matt however had left His Hair Clinic for his own shop. I decided to go with him to his new company. Matt ADVISED me against going darker and more defined ( unlike Greg). Matt advised less is more, and the goal is to look natural. I said I still wanted to move forward. Long story short, as they say be careful what you wish for. It looked "unnatural." A few folks asked if my hairlines were a tattoo. Not good. Now I am panicking. I called His Hair to get a second opinion. Greg and his colleague advised it was "too defined." They said I should consider a laser removal of the hair line and wait 10 days and redo hair line.

I then go to Matt. He advised I do NOT need laser removal. He spent least 45 minutes going over how and what he would do. That would involve softening the hair lines to make it look more “natural.” It took two sessions at half the cost of what His Hair was going to charge and with no laser removal . I am now getting compliments and finally feel happy.

I am not here to bash His Hair. They are great. But I feel the consultants are NOT as thorough and experienced as they should be and it shows. Their customer service is atrocious. Matt is a bespoke craftsman who excels at the entire process -SMP to client after care. His partner Chris called me on a Sunday and gave me his mobile number if I should ever need to reach him. WOW!

Matt and HeadStrong are simply on a another level. Think of Matt as the Mercedes and His Hair as the Toyota. If you are looking for the total experience with one of the best in the business, I recommend Matt Iulo and HeadStrong.

Wow, Seriously?!? This is the kind of Bullshit that Really sucks about the Hair loss industry!! Very disappointing to see tactics like these.

I first approached His Hair in April 2014. I was looking for a sharp, dark , defined look( keep this in mind for later in the story).

We agreed on a second treatment. Greg did a good job on the first and I was very excited.

Greg said we could go darker.

After the treatment, I noticed it was "too dark" and did not look natural. You would expect the " expert" to advise the client and make recommendations.

Greg mentioned it would settle in and I should be patent.

After two days, my sister told me it looked like someone put mascara on my head.

I called the corporate office of His Hair in London to lodge a complaint to say something must be done about this "botched job."

In two weeks’ time I went back, this time Matt worked on my head and did a great job.

After three weeks , I decided a needed " sharper lines and a more defined look."

A few folks asked if my hairlines were a tattoo.

They said I should consider a laser removal of the hair line and wait 10 days and redo hair line.

I then go to Matt. He advised I do NOT need laser removal. I am now getting compliments and finally feel happy.

I think your story is very important, especially in the emotional topsy-turvy world of SMP. Unlike HTs, which need time to mature, we expect instant success with SMP, and yet you do need to wait a month for things to fade a bit.

I feel for you and the ride you have been on. I've been there too. But I must say, you, as I have been, must have been a difficult client to begin with.

First, you wanted it sharp and dark.

HIS start conservatively so no surprise you just wanted more, more

You have to remember that in a big place like HIS, these guys are doing multiple patients and they can't afford to spend time worrying about their clients. They look at their list for today and say, 'Oh, ok, that guy, I think I remember what he wanted...let's see what he has to say today"

Each time you go back, I think you have to be very careful about how you tell the story, because if you ask them to do something, you are making it easier for them and it is very tempting for them to do it.

So you got dark and defined, and hated it. Of course you would. Real shame about that.

Perhaps it was so bad you couldn't afford to wait out the month. I know the feeling.

I've heard of guys demanding laser the very same day they get the ink!

So you go to Matt, and you got fixed and re-assured, and yet again, you wanted dark ..again!

Understandable, but this kind of see-sawing could be a recipe for disaster. Hopefully, Matts work will be good. Laser has helped me immensely in breaking up a solid line. Even just 5mm by 5mm shots can do wonders, especially with a bit of hair.

Good luck mate. Hope this sees you on your way to a better place.