Blog Issues and Site Security

Dear members and guests,

Recently, our websites www.hairtransplantnetwork.com and www.hairlosslearningcenter.org were compromised by malicious code that injected a load of spam into our databases. As a result, we've had to roll back to a previous version of the database. Thus, any recent blog updates or creations may have been deleted during this process.

The blog function is currently being worked on and security to our sites increased. As a result, give it a few days before uploading any new photos or making any blog changes.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we do expect to have this resolved shortly.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, talk to your webmaster and talk him into moving from ASP to ASP.NET. ASP.NET has better security. Also, if you guys have a way upgrading from Win 2000/2003 server to 2008. IIS in 2008 has a lot better security as well, plus the modular design of IIS 7 will help him remove all "unneeded" features that might potentially have security holes.

I know it's not going to be done in 1 day but it's definitely worth it. If he needs help, let him contact me and I will help the community icon_smile.gif

Dear members,

Weblogs are up, running, and functional. Currently, the only problem appears to be that journal entries can't be removed. Our webmaster is looking into it, but everything else appears to be working. Please send me a private message if you find something isn't functioning properly and I'll look into it.

Best wishes,

Bill