What are the key Quality/Medical Standards of Hair Transplant Clinics?

I understand that there are quality standards for manufacturing in industry and this is embodied by ISO 9000 family of standards.

My questions are:

1. What are the quality standards practised by hair transplant clinics and their surgeons in the execution of their practice?

2.Can the following associations/affiliations above be considered as quality standards or enforce quality standards in the practice of hair restoration?

ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery)*Academic Conferencing*?

ABHRS (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery)?

3.What quality standards should a patient look for? or How is this standard displayed and conveyed to the patient?

4. Does or should the hair transplant clinic display a certification that it has passed Department of Health standards?

5. What might be the key warning signs that the clinic that you are visiting, is contravening or not adhering to standard health practices?

(abscence of kiln for sterilising equipment etc.)

* All of this is notwithstanding that you have been educated by the Hair Transplant Network, you know what is the current technology in hair restoration and you know who are the Coalition Doctors.*

take care...

• 1 month later...

mmhce,

You're asking some great questions, many of which have been discussed several times before on this forum.

Some time ago, I posted some information regarding the ABHRS and their purpose and it spurred some excellent discussion, including the difference between organizations ran by physicians (like the ISHRS and ABHRS) and the high standards we set for this patient community.

I think you'll find this discussion very helpful in answering some of your questions.

Of course, this doesn't address all your questions, but it's a good start.

Best wishes,

Bill