5013 Fue in two days, 6 month results, Dr. Koray Erdogan

jsnw

I’ll try to keep this short. Thanks to the guys that run this forum. I’ve been reading it for many years now, don’t post much, but enjoy seeing the transformations of other guys. I’ve learned tons from others experiences and thought I needed to share mine.

Background –

I’ve been on Propecia, Avodart, or Finasteride for the last 16 years or so. It’s helped a great deal but I think over time it’s not as effective that’s why I keep switching up. My dad and grandfather were pretty much bald by the time they were 35 so I’m doing well. I’m 43 now and a diffuse thinner, or, I was until my procedure with Dr. Koray. I had a 500 graft fue procedure done with another doc about 8 yrs. ago just to see if it worked and had poor results.

Decision –

After doing a lot of research (years) I decided it was time for me to do something and I decided to go with Dr. Koray Erdogan. I corresponded with 4 or 5 other top fue docs in Europe. They all basically told me I needed the same amount of grafts so I felt comfortable with what I was getting into. I choose Dr. Koray mostly because he had tons of results online and his price was good. I contacted his office last year and they responded back quickly and off I went to Turkey four or five months later.

Dr. Koray and staff –

Arrived the first day at Dr. Koray’s office. It’s very nice. I was surprised that it was nicer than just about any doctors office I had been in the US. Everyone was very friendly, spoke great English, and made the process very comfortable. I wish I could remember everyone’s name there. Delek was the tech removing the grafts each day. She was all business and I felt very comfortable with her. I was glad to see her when she came in the second morning to remove the grafts. Dr. Koray even got in on the action removing grafts on the second day. Everyone there was great. From the neck massages by the techs to keep me comfortable to the driver that was always on time whether picking me up at the airport or dropping me back off at 3am when it was time to fly home. It was a great experience and I left feeling like I had made some friends.

Surgery –

I had a total of 5013 grafts done over a two day period. Originally I was booked to do 4500 grafts over two days. Dr. Koray told me I had about 9600 available. He was going to put 3000 grafts on the front half and 1500 on the back half of my head. I asked if we could add another 500 or so to the back since my crown really bothered me and I wanted to accomplish as much as I could in one trip. He surprised me when he said let’s wait and see how you handle surgery on the first day then we’ll decide. It was at that moment I became very comfortable with Dr. Koray. I was standing there with a wad of cash in my hand and I had just offered it to him and he wouldn’t take it.

The shots are a bitch but the rest of the procedure is pretty painless. Both days the grafts were out by noon and back in by 4 or 5pm. Breaks were very short, I could tell they wanted the grafts back in as quickly as possible. I also had the PRP treatment done which seemed to help things heal a bit quicker compared to my past fue experience.

After surgery –

The flight home was the hardest part. I waited a day after surgery to travel which was a mistake because my face started to swell up pretty good. Ice helped but didn’t control it at the time. Their office provided some good products for after-care and in a couple weeks I was back to normal activity. Swelling went down after a few days. My skin is still a little pink on top but for me that’s probably normal as I’m fair skinned. When I had my previous 500 fue surgery the temples stayed pink for the better part of a year.

Photos/Results

I’m happy with where I am and its only been 6 months and a week. It’s nice to have more hair and that’s all I wanted. Starting to get those welcomed comments from people I haven’t seen in a while. I’ll still do another procedure to fill in areas in another year or so and hopefully be done with it. I’ve done the best I could with the photos I added in my blog. One entry is dry photos before and after, the next is wet before and after, the last is surgery photos. The photos with the grey background were taken at Dr. Koray’s office, the rest are with my IPhone at home.

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss Patient Blogs

Thanks Stinger99. I was lucky and had 9600 available grafts before surgery. After the procedure I have around 4600 grafts left (give or take) for future transplants. I'm blonde and when I was younger I had a ton of hair, of course that changed as I got older but fortunately over time I kept what was in back. I can't really tell that 5000 grafts are missing now even when my hair is cut short. The lady that cuts my hair says the same thing.

Thanks Stinger99. I was lucky and had 9600 available grafts before surgery. After the procedure I have around 4600 grafts left (give or take) for future transplants. I'm blonde and when I was younger I had a ton of hair, of course that changed as I got older but fortunately over time I kept what was in back. I can't really tell that 5000 grafts are missing now even when my hair is cut short. The lady that cuts my hair says the same thing.

Wow, how can it be countable with such accuracy? Maybe you have 9748 grafts available over your donor areas. Anyway, if all 9600 will be removed, did they tell you what will be left over there and how can you make sure that the remaining will be enough for donor area closure?

nqvfwx.jpg

Good transformation, the pre-op picture is bright and close-up, but the post-op one is far and darker without flash. I appreciate the post-op, no problem, but the pre-op should have been taken under the same conditions.

a6w6f.jpg

We all know top area coverage is not as successful as the front area coverage, because there is a whirlpool pattern over crown. Every community member will appreciate if you provide post-ops showing top areas as you did with the pre-ops. The bright one. Please take it with the same lighting conditions.

Edited by californian
pictures didnt show up

Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.