candidate for a second HT

patientgrowth,

If you were a candidate for a first hair transplant, you're most likely a candidate for a second procedure. Your long term hair restoration goals and a game plan should have been discussed prior to your first surgery. Have you discussed your long term goals with your doctor including restoring hair in your crown? If not, I'd advise you to discuss this with him/her to get an idea of what will be needed to meet your goals. Your doctor should also work with you in helping you establish realistic goals and factors that may contribute to the need for subsequent procedures if necessary.

Best wishes,

Bill

thank you for your response Bill.

my doctor told me to go on avodart for a year and see where the crown area stands at that time. the approach to my hairline back to my mid scalp was conservative, which is what i wanted.

i see people on here with three and four procedures and had no idea that you can actually go for that many. it seems to me that if you take chunks of flesh away that many times you will have no or little hair in the back at all.

hard concept for me to really grasp.

it seems to me that if you take chunks of flesh away that many times you will have no or little hair in the back at all

I think this should be discussed more as one of the risks. However, bear in mind subsequent surgeries do tend to get smaller than the initial surgery, and the range of available grafts via FUT is usually thought to be around 5000-8000 (give or take depending who you ask). In one sense whether they are taken from 1 or multiple surgeries does not make that much difference in how many are available.