The future for Hair Transplants

I think that cloning or some variant of that process will revolutionize this field....for my children maybe, and more likely my grandchildren.

Significant hurdles are yet to be overcome, then the regulatory hurdles.

But it will be wonderful someday to go into an office, have a hair follicle extracted....or even everyone may have stem cells "banked" at birth; and a few cells are mailed off to ACME cloning, and a month later you roll into an office and get 20000 grafts in one setting.

Further down the line, I would bet that gene manipulation will allow the prevention of many facets of aging including hair loss.

Unfortunately, these same technologies offer mankind the ability to genetically exterminate the human race.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

How hard would it be to grow hair follicles from stem cells? Can't we already grow skin from stem cells.... how much harder would it be to grow hair cells when you we can already do this?

http://www.webmd.com/news/2008...lant-from-stem-cells

Is it a matter of lack of funding from the industry to look into this direction?