Increased Propecia dosage from 0.5mg to 1mg - Experiencing a lot of shedding + tired

Hey Fam,

Sorry to post here, the original message was posted in the "Hair loss drugs" section but did not get any answer so, please, bear with me :-)

I have been on Propecia for about 5.5 month (started a couple days after having my HT surgery ), I started at 0.5mg E.D and have increased the dosage to 1mg E.D 3 weeks ago.

I started to notice a lot more shedding when doing my morning shampoo and it all started happening when I increased the Propecia dosage.

Could it be the cause for the shedding and if so how long should I expect it to last for ?

Also, I am feeling tired all the time, could that be one of propecia's sides ?

Thank you.

Best,

I was on fin for ten years with great results trying various dosages and found micro dosing worked just as good as taking larger amounts the last year I cut down to half a tablet a week which still worked so i just thought perhaps my hair loss had stabalized and i started to get a lot of fatigue so i came off, the fatigue went away after a few months and i felt great unfortunately at the six month mark my hair loss was shocking so i went back on as It made me depressed my hair loss has stopped now but i did not grow back what i lost, so for me small dosages of fin works great for me no ed at all just fatigue

I was on fin for ten years with great results trying various dosages and found micro dosing worked just as good as taking larger amounts the last year I cut down to half a tablet a week which still worked so i just thought perhaps my hair loss had stabalized and i started to get a lot of fatigue so i came off, the fatigue went away after a few months and i felt great unfortunately at the six month mark my hair loss was shocking so i went back on as It made me depressed my hair loss has stopped now but i did not grow back what i lost, so for me small dosages of fin works great for me no ed at all just fatigue

That is interesting as my experience is pretty similar and as you can see from below I take 1mg per week.

I tried more regular smaller amounts but I could not get over the side effects (headache/fogginess and some minor fatigue).

It sure is better if you can take 1mg a day but if not then try to find something that works for you. 0.25mg EOD would be a good starting point for someone looking to get on it.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day