Getting Fin/Propecia cheaper in the UK

n2se5

Hey guys,

I am currently paying ?125 pounds a quarter for Propecia 1mg. I have seen it cheaper else where but also wary of fakes.

I have been doing some research on Google and this website. I've seen a few stores offering Propecia 1mg a lot cheaper than what I am paying right now. It's very temping but I just need to be sure they're the same as what I am currently taking now. I've had good results with Propecia, no side affects and hair loss has stopped so I am keen to keep taking this.

These are the one's I have found:

Propecia (Generic) - Propecia 1mg (generic) - what do they mean by generic? Do you think this is totally legit?

Here is an American website: http://www.quality-rx.com/prescriptions/finpecia/

This is Finasteride 1mg which is essentially the same as Propecia, right? Just a different name? Therefore, if the tablet is the same, surely I can order this and expect no change in my results?

Thanks for anyone who can help me here, I don't want to keep paying over the odds for Propecia when you can get it much cheaper else where.

Generic means it won't be the brand name. It will have the active ingredient Finasteride but may be made up of a different blend of other compounds.

Goldpharma have never let me down. Note that for some reason their site only works in Firefox for me.

Anyway, you can get branded Proscar 5mg, 100 tablets for GBP165 + postage. If you cut into 4 or 5 pieces you obviously get up to 18 months daily supply.

If you happen to go to Spain you can get a generic 5mg, 30 tablets for EUR10, over the counter without a prescription. In many ways it may be cheaper to get a budget flight to Barcelona for the day just to buy some!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

n2se5,

I have been buying 5mg Finasteride through Dr Edgar for a while. I know he is legitimate as he is a GP in the UK and the medication comes out via LLoyds pharmacy.

Email him as he is very helpful, affordable, keeps in close contact with you and willing to answer any questions within hours. Cutting 5 mg Proscar into 5ths is the same as 1mg Propecia but much more affordable.

I have never taken brand 1mg Propecia. I have always cut brand Proscar in quarters (not fifths) and I used to spend a similar amount on Finasteride of the price you stated.

You can email him on drstevengedgar@gmail.com

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

n2se5,

I have been buying 5mg Finasteride through Dr Edgar for a while. I know he is legitimate as he is a GP in the UK and the medication comes out via LLoyds pharmacy.

Email him as he is very helpful, affordable, keeps in close contact with you and willing to answer any questions within hours. Cutting 5 mg Proscar into 5ths is the same as 1mg Propecia but much more affordable.

I have never taken brand 1mg Propecia. I have always cut brand Proscar in quarters (not fifths) and I used to spend a similar amount on Finasteride of the price you stated.

You can email him on drstevengedgar@gmail.com

Thank you, I will email him.

I understand you cut Proscar but is Proscar exactly the same as Propecia (minus the branding)?

I don't want to swop tablets and shred or something similar. Propecia has been good for my hairline, so I don't want to risk that.

Proscar (5mg) is made by Merck who make Propecia (1mg) so yes they are the same. The drug is Finasteride and the only difference is the amount in each tablet.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Proscar (5mg) is made by Merck who make Propecia (1mg) so yes they are the same. The drug is Finasteride and the only difference is the amount in each tablet.

So if I cut Fin into 5 1mg bits, there won't be any difference in my medication in take?

Sorry to be anal about this.

So if I cut Fin into 5 1mg bits, there won't be any difference in my medication in take?

Sorry to be anal about this.

No this is why so many people cut up Proscar as its exactly to same as Propecia. A lot of forum members do this.

No this is why so many people cut up Proscar as its exactly to same as Propecia. A lot of forum members do this.

Thank you for recommending the above Dr. I have contacted him and his 5mg Finasteride is a lot cheaper than buying Propecia from an expensive pharmacy every 3 months.

Do you use Minoxidil?

I am currently using 10% Minoxidil from an expensive place n C London - and I was led to believe I would see increase hair growth with it, which I haven't. However, it probably has helped to stop my hair loss. I was wondering how easy it would be to get 10% cheaper from else where? I notice a lot of people use 5% instead - I am open to 5% however, worried that I could incur shredding or it may not be strong enough for my hair line so I end up with more hair loss. I know none of these questions can be answered with guarantee but I just want to make sure I am informed and know what I am doing., Many thanks.

n2se5,

I don't use Minoxidil but I may do one day down the line in the future. Most people I think use 5% if they do use it. Maybe someone else who uses it regularly can comment and help.

Hi guys,

Been reading all the info you have posted about where to buy and cost etc. I live in London and would like to start taking something to assist with my hair thinning and hopefully even stop the hair loss. I see there are a couple of popular drugs Propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and others perhaps.

Two years ago my mother bought me Regaine, which gave me terrible itching and massive rash on my head. She did say she bought it on ebay from a private person, so either I was reactive to it or maybe it was a snide?

I would like to know which drug is perhaps better, or are the two popular drugs taken side by side perhaps for best results? Apologies, if I am asking a repeated question somewhere within this site.

My hair history: I have had a crap experience with a FUE surgeon in London and will be doing my research on doctors in Turkey for perhaps something in 2015. For the time, I've decided on trying these drugs.

Thank you.

Lee