Better to start with Fin or Minoxidil first?

I'm a 34 y/o male one month post HT.

I've never used Finasteride or Minoxidil before but want to start using both now. How should I introduce them for best results? I'm guessing not at the same time, in which case which one should I start with, and how long should I wait before adding the other?

Thanks!

I'm a 34 y/o male one month post HT.

I've never used Finasteride or Minoxidil before but want to start using both now. How should I introduce them for best results? I'm guessing not at the same time, in which case which one should I start with, and how long should I wait before adding the other?

Thanks!

fin and minox at the same time has a synergistic effect

add dutaseride .5mg once/twice and week in place of the din

and....to the moon!

google terms to find studies

KO,

Literally "laughed out loud!" Thank you.

Zero,

Taking both, as Rev suggested, often has a synergestic/cumulative effect. It is important to remember, however, that both are associated with an initial shedding period. Taking the medications together may exacerbate the severity of this shed. The shed normally lasts 3-4 months; while I do not believe it will make the shed last longer, it could, as previously stated, make it more intense.

Have you seen a hair restoration physician? This may be helpful as well. Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Holy synergy Batman! (sweet analogy KO!)

Thanks for your input guys! I never heard the synergistic/cumulative effect before. As I'm planning on using both together anyway, this is great news! However, everyone's body is different and if I have an adverse reaction to one and not the other, there will be no way to know which one is doing harm and which one is benefiting me if I introduce them simultaneously.

I think what I'll do is start with Minox and add Fin 2-3 months later. I'm choosing to start with the Minox because that may also benefit my transplanted hairs (I'm one month post op), whereas the Fin won't do anything for them. Is this a sound game plan?

...and Blake, I live 15 minutes from my HT surgeon and plan to rely on his advice re. hair restoration, and also get him to write me a prescription for the Fin. I think that's normal, right?

Will a hair restoration physician be able to offer me something more?