free fat grafting procedure??

I am 99% sure I already know the answer to this question, but I couldn't help but post here to see what the community has to say. Basically, I was offered a free fat graft procedure as the clinic is seeking 25 "volunteers" (guinea pigs?) who are interested in this new/undeveloped procedure for potential hair growth. To be honest, I didn't understand much of the process/procedure as I was a bit overwhelmed with being at my first HT consult.

Obvious concerns are the fact that this is so new that who knows how the results could be... not exactly jumping at the thought of someone experimenting on my head.

Thoughts?

Doesnt sound right to me. Personally, I wouldnt want to put my head through any experiment, especially when it comes to HTs, donor grafts are to precious to waste. If its not performed by a recommended coalition surgeon here, you may want to think it over very carefully.

Just my 2 cents

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

fat graft or (what is referred to as: fat transfer) is lipo'd fat from one area (eg. back fat) and injecting in another area.

the fat is usually spun (centrifuge) to separate blood and fibrous material (some also claim to separate stem cells) before re-injected

i say injected (cannula--in and out or syringe) when referring to fat transfer because that is what they are probably doing a fat transfer through injection. Thus the fat is disrupted in the process

technically fat graft is when an fairly structurally-intact piece (strip) of fat is cut out and "grafted" sewn onto another area

most use the terms interchangeably but actually mean fat injection

that said, maybe they are "spinning" out the stem cells and re-injecting those hoping for hair growth

good luck