1400 Grafts today with Dr. Feller

DDD03

Well I guess my donor was a bit thicker than I expected! I went in today expecting to get between 800 and 1000 grafts placed into my hairline but ended up getting a good bit more. All graft were disected by 5 different tech into 1's and only 1's which were placed throughout my hairline.

I actually wasn't expecting Dr. Feller to go back as far as he did but I know it will be worth it in the long run. I was hoping to be able to cover the recipient area with my existing hair but I'm pretty sure that isn't happening anytime soon. Guess I will have to beef up my hat collection.

The procedure went very smoothly and took around 4 1/2 hours. The staff was extremely pleasant and professional. They made me feel very comfortable throughout the procedure. I was especially impressed with the two techs who inserted the grafts (they even let use a mirror to watch as they worked!). They will forever be known as "The Dream Team".

I also had around 6 "mega grafts" removed from the hairline. They were even able to recycle these grafts and place them into the recipient.

As you will see my hairline is a bit irregular but that was the case before the procedure as well. It really doesn't bother me at all. All I am hoping for is a nice, natural hairline that I feel comfortable exposing.

I wish I was in the movie "Click" and could fast forward a few months icon_smile.gif

Pics are updated in the weblog. They aren't super and I will try to get Dr. Feller to post more as well. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

***One last note. Dr. Feller performed a PRP on me 2 weeks ago and was impressed with the results thus far. He has before and after pics I beleive will be posting them soon.

****One more last note. I realize my hairloss may not be horrible but as most of us know its not an easy thing to deal with. I feel blessed to have found this site and realize that I'm not alone in this struggle. I want to thank everyone for the support you have given and the information you have shared that lead us all into making better decisions.

Ok I'll shut up now...

Congratulations. I know you've stated that you've had some less than positive experiences in the past. I'm sure Dr. Feller fixed you up good today, and that you'll be very happy in the months to come.