My digestive system is really bothering me from the post op meds?

I have chronic gastritis and esophageal reflux and I noticed that even though I stopped taking all the medication for my post op, my stomach and even sides have been bothering me. I spoke to the doctor and he did say that the Prednisone and other medications are known to bother the digestive system, but said that I can take antacids, probiotics and things like this. I will wait a day or so and see how I feel.

Do these medications bother anyone else too?

Yes, steroidal meds and even narcotics for pain can have those symptoms and certainly not uncommon.

You may find that taking them with food and lots of water will help to lower the intensity of the adverse effects.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have chronic gastritis and esophageal reflux

On a side note, be sure to keep a close eye on your "chronic esophageal reflux".

I just lost a brother to esophageal cancer, so it hits close to home when I read you have chronic esophageal reflux .

My brother who had reflux for years had no idea he was sick or that anything was wrong, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Esophageal Cancer April 26, 2014 and passed away July 8, 2014.

The doctors said esophageal cancer is a rapidly growing problem and many times is not detected until it's too late.

Anyone with chronic esophageal reflux should have an endoscope performed to determine if they have the pre-esophageal cancer condition known as Barrett's Esophagus.

Good luck with your hair transplant journey.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

My stomach is doing a lot better, since it has been a few days since I finished off the medications.

Glad to hear that you are doing better...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY