keeping transplanted hair

Hi guys

i am 15 days post operation ( I will start doing a photo blog soon). I had 3600 graft hair transplant between crown and hair line with dr path.

really happy with how it went and been some impressive growth in 14 days of the transplanted hairs. However I know in 98% cases you shed these hairs.

Question is though can anyone recommend any treatments to give yourself best opportunity to be part of the 2% that does not shed? I read the 98%:2% stat somewhere. Apologies if not factual..

All hair have to naturally fall off. If it falls in normal 2-3 wk time, that is a good sign. If it is taking too long, that is not the ideal scenario and could be sign of poor growth.

Hi guys

i am 15 days post operation ( I will start doing a photo blog soon). I had 3600 graft hair transplant between crown and hair line with dr path.

really happy with how it went and been some impressive growth in 14 days of the transplanted hairs. However I know in 98% cases you shed these hairs.

Question is though can anyone recommend any treatments to give yourself best opportunity to be part of the 2% that does not shed? I read the 98%:2% stat somewhere. Apologies if not factual..

I think it's just people with lucky healing genetics that keep them, rather than something you you do.

Like 3% of my hair has remained and has grown to like 2cm in length. 2 months post op

All hair have to naturally fall off. If it falls in normal 2-3 wk time, that is a good sign. If it is taking too long, that is not the ideal scenario and could be sign of poor growth.

How could it be poor growth? Like the hair follicle just dying the hair being stuck in the skin?

It is normal for the grafts to shed in the periods that were stated however if they do not shed within those time frames, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

What it usually means is one of two things. Either the grafted hair remains in the anagen (growth phase) or the individual just needs to be more aggressive in removing the dead hair shafts from the recipient area.

Usually when the grafts shed, the crusts come off with the hair stubbles. If the crusts come off and the graft hair remains, it could be still in the growth phase.

Keep an eye on the graft hair that does not shed and if it continues to grow in length, then you know it will continue until the next cycle period of resting, shedding, and regrowth.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY