Lump above donor - Week 3 FUT

I am seeing a lump above my donor area from the start to the end of the donor. It does not cause any pain though. Is this common? I don't feel very comfortable mentally as I am not sure why I am having this. Please let me know if any of you had a similar scenario and if it's something to worry about.

myLump.jpg.21fcd7ff43330a57503f029c73413653.jpg

I am seeing a lump above my donor area from the start to the end of the donor. It does not cause any pain though. Is this common? I don't feel very comfortable mentally as I am not sure why I am having this. Please let me know if any of you had a similar scenario and if it's something to worry about.

a lump the size of the red outline in the pic?

DUDE, CALL YOUR DOCTOR NOW!

No No, not the size of red outline lol, its just right above my donor area. Not sure if it's visible in the pic. I will have a haircut today and try posting one more pic.

Phantom, I would like to help but I am not sure what it is that is the problem but the area around the top of the scar can be swollen for a while and feel raised as a result it is difficult to say as everything is pretty much numb back there for you.

You should contact the clinic if you are concerned and there is a lump but it sounds like swelling from the procedure.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

No No, not the size of red outline lol, its just right above my donor area. Not sure if it's visible in the pic. I will have a haircut today and try posting one more pic.

oh lol

that is an ingrown hair / pimple

completely normal

wash with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

with @% Salicylic Acid

Don't pick

Thanks for the reply. It is actually little numb over there and maybe you are right as you said about the swelling part due to the procedure and not an unusual bump. I had sent some pics over to my doc and he said he did not see anything that he thinks is of concern and to meet him in person if i feel otherwise. I will wait for a few days/weeks and see if i notice any changes. Again, thanks for the reply.

oh lol

that is an ingrown hair / pimple

completely normal

wash with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Redness Soothing Facial Cleanser

with @% Salicylic Acid

Don't pick

Ingrown hair/pimple comes later right? Not 3 weeks into the surgery ? And its not a pimple. I guess it might be my skull shape too lol as I have read they take the donor strip right below a part of the skull. So that skull shape along with the numbness along with the sudden dip in hair ( where donor hair was taken) is giving me an illusion of it being a bump. I think I will wait and see how things turn out. Thanks for the reply :)

From what you are describing it is not a ingrowing hair it is probably just the back of your head and perhaps the scar line is a little sunken which happens and above that feels raised as a result. Things have been pulled and moved about back there so will take a little time to settle down and for the skin to relax into its normal place. It doesn't sound anything to worry about and I remember having similar feelings after surgery.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ingrown hair/pimple comes later right? Not 3 weeks into the surgery ? And its not a pimple. I guess it might be my skull shape too lol as I have read they take the donor strip right below a part of the skull. So that skull shape along with the numbness along with the sudden dip in hair ( where donor hair was taken) is giving me an illusion of it being a bump. I think I will wait and see how things turn out. Thanks for the reply :)

ingrown hair/pimples IN THE DONOR can occur very soon after the area is closed-up,

though this is not what you have after reading you last update about the shape of your head

it was good to email your doc and am glad all is good

if you do get ingrown hairs and /or pimples in donor or recipient do try the salicylic acid wash

happy growing

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a month now and the more I waited, the lesser it's seeming to a bump. I am kind of sure now that it's just the shape of my skull and the tenderness which was there, made it appear to me as a bump. The lesser the numbness, the more familiar the donor area skull shape seems to be for me. So I guess, the topic of this question itself might be wrong as it does not seem to be a bump anymore :) . Thanks for everyone's response which really did help me come out of the panic situation. You guys are great ;)