buzz cut after FUE

hey,

I was wondering whether anyone has had experience with buzz cutting their hair after having FUE done? Can you hide the scars? Was the result aesthetic?

I plan on getting FUE done for generalised coverage on the frontal 2/3rds without going on fin. Then once/if I bald more I can go for the buzz cut look. thoughts?

Cheers

Hi, I had an HT 4 months ago and until it grows fully I am wearing it short. I did a buzzcut(not shave) around 1,5 months in. In normal light I don't see FUE scars, but the missing hairs are noticable and I think it gives you sort of poor-health appearance, but I can live with it. The optimal hair length is between 1 and 2 millimeters. Shorter that this you can see that some hairs are just missing from their spots. It also depends on the punch size, bigger punch sizes will likely produce more noticeable scars.

Thanks for getting back to me. If you don't mind can I ask :

1. What size hole punches you had?

2.how many grafts you had done?

3.can I clarify that if you shave to 1-2mm this is when you noticed the poor health appearance?

4.in your opinion what length do you think you'd have to have for it to look healthy again?

Really appreciate it... Cheers

1. My punch was 0.7mm. I still don't have any results, so I don't know how good this punch size is. I'd stick with 0.8 or so.

2. 4800 grafts

3. 1-2 mm starts to get good. If you go below 1-1 something that's where it's noticeable.

4. 1-2 mm is optimal for me. 3-6 mm is still ok for me because I have some hair anyways.

hey,

I was wondering whether anyone has had experience with buzz cutting their hair after having FUE done? Can you hide the scars? Was the result aesthetic?

I plan on getting FUE done for generalised coverage on the frontal 2/3rds without going on fin. Then once/if I bald more I can go for the buzz cut look. thoughts?

Cheers

I have seen some very good results where FUE combines with SMP can help achieve that look. The SMP covers up the "missing" hair in the donor or sometimes event the scars. The SMP can also help with the illusion of density around the planted follicles.

I can believe your theory. I'v noticed a sort of similar effect when I dye'd my hair recently (the first time ever). It was a see change. The dye made my vellus/fine hair appear thicker and some gaps vanished.

I have seen some very good results where FUE combines with SMP can help achieve that look. The SMP covers up the "missing" hair in the donor or sometimes event the scars. The SMP can also help with the illusion of density around the planted follicles.