Had an FUE done....

had it done on december 1st, and really didnt have any worries until reading through the forum, one concern is i didnt know the grafts could get damaged and be transplanted damaged, how often does that happen?

another one is they told me it usually takes about 3 months till it starts to grow, on here im seeing 10 months, what does it take for a small 350 grafts usually?

and also i been using rogaine foam i was told once in the morning every day for three months, but rogaine directions say twice so sometimes i do use it twice a day i figure it wont hurt me, is that how evveryone else is using it?

had it done on december 1st, and really didnt have any worries until reading through the forum, one concern is i didnt know the grafts could get damaged and be transplanted damaged, how often does that happen?

another one is they told me it usually takes about 3 months till it starts to grow, on here im seeing 10 months, what does it take for a small 350 grafts usually?

and also i been using rogaine foam i was told once in the morning every day for three months, but rogaine directions say twice so sometimes i do use it twice a day i figure it wont hurt me, is that how evveryone else is using it?

John,

Grafts have a greater liklihood of being damaged with FUE than strip, but that doesn't mean they will be damaged.

Many doctors usually do smaller sessions in order to take their time in the extraction and placement process so as to minimize the risk of damage.

Give the procedure time and see how it grows out.

Some doctors ask their patients to use Rogaine for the first 3 months to increase the chances that it will jump start early growth. This hasn't been proven, but it can't hurt. Though recommended dosage for hair regrowth is twice daily, many people use it only once daily with much success.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the reply, hopefully i got my moneys worth, i had another concern at first about the doctor who was barely there, he was doing a strip while two surgical techs extracted the units and one of them transplanted them, all he did was make the 350 holes in the bald area, at first i was thinking didnt i pay him to do this, but everyone was professional and it just seemed like it was routine stuff for them, i heard them talk about other patients and it was busy there so im not going to sweat it until it doesnt start growing-3-5 months from now

"i had another concern at first about the doctor who was barely there, he was doing a strip while two surgical techs extracted the units and one of them transplanted them, all he did was make the 350 holes in the bald area," Hi JohnBr. First off wish you the best with your latest surgery. Surgical techs should not be cutting the skin if that is what you are saying by extracting the grafts. The doc just made the recepient holes and that's it? I just hope you had few meetings in person to talk to former patients and see the work. All is I know from my years of research is not all Fue is the same. As not all strip is the same. It is based on reputation and long term results.