Thailand Hair Clinic-Kiwi reviewer needed

Hi,

My name is Carlos and I apparently am a Norwood Type III. I am seriously considering having a hair transplant. I am living in New Zealand and I am looking at doing my hair transplant overseas in Thailand with the Thailand Hair Transplant Centre with Dr. Pong. I have already been to see a surgeon here in New Zealand and the price is just far too expensive. I am considering Dr. Pong with the THT clinic but really want to be sure about this clinic & the surgeon. I would really like some reviews from anyone, but more importantly for myself, is there any Kiwi's who have done their transplant at this clinic and would be willing to meet up to discuss the clinic (before I actually go through with it). I live in Auckland and would really appreciate it, before I actually go through with putting the large sum of money through for this. Or anyone who wouldn't mind exchanging emails about his work?

Regards,

Carlos

I looked at his website he has a ton of before and after photos. More that any other clinic I've ver seen online. That's a good sign to know that he is not cherry picking his results too much like some doctors probably do. I think many Aussies go there and seem to be pretty happy. Search this site there are plenty of discussions about him. The price is $2 a graft. So you could see a recommended doc from this site for that price if you wanted to put your mind more at ease. Good luck with your choice!

Hi Carlos , Yes its a big decision have you already used search function for dr pong lots posts on this site . After research ive done hes right up there . Three aussies I know of going next month .:)

If you've decided to do this in Thailand, then I'd go to this guy. Yes he is not a recommended surgeon, but from what I've read about this guy, he is quite well known in Asian hair transplant circles and the results are impressive. The documentation is standardized and the results are consistent.

• 1 month later...

Just had my 2nd op with him for the crown area, I'm Aussie and can't praise Dr Pong and his staff enough for the job they did. My frontal area (1 year post op now) looks fantastic and I assume crown will be the same. Plenty of reviews from happy customers on this forum, just search for them

Thanks so much for your reply. Is it at all possible to get your email address or skype? I'm on holiday at the moment close to Thailand and am

Seriously considering going to get my hair done, but I have a few un answered questions, or maybe just need someone who has actually done it...kind regards, Carlos

Carlos you can private message me through this forum if you like. Here's my thread on my experience with Dr Pong http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171575-dr-pong-tht-clinic-my-experience.html

Not sure exactly what more information you wan that isn't already on this site, many people have reviewed their experiences with Dr Pong, alot more in greater detail than myself. If you're in Chiang Mai you can email Dr Pong directly for a personal consult, it won't cost you anything and he is by no means a pressure type salesman..lol far from it, probably more the opposite in actual fact.

He'll have a look at you, assess and tell you whether he can help you or not based on your donor area etc and then I guess it's up to you if and when you decide you want to go the next step...all the best

Hi, I had my second HT with Dr. Pong and I couldn't recommend him enough. I really wished that I went to him for my first HT rather then getting ripped off here in Australia.

My honest word of advice is research FUE vs FUT, I'm not sure if Dr. Pong does FUE. If FUE was an option 10 years ago I would have done it to avoid having a scar at the back of my head. Never choose your HT Surgeon solely based on price.

Hope this helps.