2500 grafts FUT with Dr. Cooley

That's some really nice growth!

As others have said, a real transformation from your pre op pics.

Congratulations.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be exactly 1 year out next week from Dr. Cooley. I really haven't seen much new growth after the 10 month mark, but what I have seen is that the hairs continued to get thicker and stronger so that they matched the existing hair. All and all, I am extremely pleased. I think I am going to go back for one more. Why not? Things turned out so well last time.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok.. here's what might be my final post on this thread on this procedure. It's been over 15 months and I went back last month for my follow up with Dr Cooley. He provided me with photos he took the day of my procedure, and then took the ones recently.

So, here's the before/after shots. Obviously a big difference. While it's not "styled" my normal way, it shows the difference in coverage.

I'm sure you'll agree I should be happy with the results. I can't say how much hope I had for this, and doing my research I was still uncertain what to expect. Earlier in my threads, around the 2-5 months mark, I was really thinking nothing was going to happen, but my bottom line advice is to go to a good doctor with proven results (like Dr Cooley), and trust in the process.

You won't notice anything until you suddenly realize from the before/after. The 5 months mark is really when you can expect that to happen. Anything before that to see "buds" or improvements, is not really going to be worth constant examination.

Final thoughts:

- I will probably follow up with more PRP treatments in the coming year or so. And I'm using the hair shake (protein powder) for helping with growth and thickness, FWIW.

- I am still a bit concerned about the bald spot in my crown, which is something that I've been told is tough to address due to the nature of the hair direction. But might see about doing something about that in the next year or two.

- And finally, I am happy to say that my "donor" area is still very thick and full with plenty of hair left to tap into, which is a considerable advantage to all this. I might be looking at another transplant if I really want to take care of it more.

Good luck to all, and don't be concerned about doing this. It's something that will improve your life. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.. I'll be happy to share more of my experience.

DSC_0127.JPG.ff2a877bfd4f0bcb786c3095308dbffd.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG.2f27d42d8efad0c56333fcba2826a518.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG.21910b5bad737363636f398a21e1ce76.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG.19684cc822363d1ee4cd03fedd5e84a9.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG.b4d95d339cb7f48c94c22036003ee95e.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG.b597dd84af1844ad45b1b3a6317baf30.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG.73ba2686d5ee8d9b22267795a6bfe1a1.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG.549f5e947b4ba0be9451b5452bd77abf.JPG

Dramatic transformation! Really good result, especially considering where you came from! Congratulations!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!