Transplanted area stays red - normal?

Gentlemen, hope you can help me with a question. I had a hair transplant about 2 1/2 months ago, and for some reason, the transplanted area stays pink/red, as you can see in the pictures below.

My "smile" scar is healing quite well, but for some reason the top scars don't. Is this normal? How fast did yours fade to normal skin color? I'm considering going to a doctor just to review my options - he might have some cremes or similar.

Toubey

IMG_1077.jpg.35c5f809a7823a3bdb7b722918e95fbe.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg.2b51471e1a8b7575dd9da654eec007e2.jpg

The redness in the recipient area can easily take over half a year to fully fade. It is not uncommon for there to be lingering redness even a year postop. I'd say you're probably ahead of the curve on the redness healing based on your pics.

The best thing you can do besides being patient is avoid prolonged sun exposure and apply aloe vera to the area daily.

i have a related question - has anyone tried using tanning creams on the face so there isn't such a stark difference between a pasty white face and the redness up top? knowing that sun exposure is out of the question to get a red face to match the red scalp, i thought perhaps it would be easier to sell the redness on my scalp as a sunburn if my face were a little darker as well. my concern is that most tanning creams i've seen look like a 'fake bake' and don't come out very good. anyone try this with success? thoughts?

It's actually a good idea to get a nice tan before the operation in the area so that the redness contrasts less. I went to a tanning salon and tanned nothing but my forehead area for about a month beforehand, I think it definitely helped.

Covering the whole area with like a tanning cream for prolonged periods after the OP is probably safe but I personally wouldn't risk it.

I don't think it looks too overly red, usually pics make it look even redder too so I've seen worse

I would just wait it out and also avoid sun exposure which can cause the redness to persist.

Not sure the tanning creams are a good idea near the recipient area but check with your doctor

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

@Toubey

Hi. This is merely a normal condition as a result of the trauma from your procedure. Definitely follow your post-op instructions because you don't want to cause any damage to those transplanted grafts. You should remember to keep your grafts covered and away from sun exposure.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians