Question about Shedding - 4-5 days post op with Dr. Hasson

Hello Well it is done.

I am 4 days post op with Dr. Hasson. It was a great experience! I have been wearing a very loose hat as little as possible. My question is I am seeing some graphs fall from the front already. They are very short with nothing on either end(just hair) Is that normal for so soon after the procedure? I have many pictures and I will be be posting them very soon

Hello Well it is done.

I am 4 days post op with Dr. Hasson. It was a great experience! I have been wearing a very loose hat as little as possible. My question is I am seeing some graphs fall from the front already. They are very short with nothing on either end(just hair) Is that normal for so soon after the procedure? I have many pictures and I will be be posting them very soon

Hey Justgrow,

Congratulations on yout recent transplant.

The hair you have described sounds like simple shedded hair, when my hair started shedding I was also concerned that the hair had no bulb (the hairs looks as if they had simply just been cut).

I now know the above is normal.

4 days does seem very early for hair to shedded. I'm sure someone on here will advise you on the matter, maybe you could ask Dr. Hasson?

I'm around 3 1/2 wks post from Dr. Hasson and have only noticed some slight shed on the right hairline after 2 wks. Sure its fine. Anytime I have a question, I just call Joe and he'll clear any question right up. Like I said, I'm sure your fine, but everybody wants reassurances, so just call Joe and he'll set your mind at ease.

Peace out!

After thinking about this some more, I'd call your clinic as soon as you can.

Most people seem to agree that it takes at least 3 days for the grafts to become secure (I believe it's 9 days), so for hair to shed in 4 days seems very strange to me.

I'm sure you're not losing grafts as there would be some pain or bleeding, but it does seem very early.