Transplanted hair coming out curly...

5,5 months post op, i've noticed the transplanted hair comes out at the correct angle (forward), but then it curls back instead of going straight up. this gives the impression that the transplanted hairs length is shorter than the native hair. (you can see this in my pic) While I expect late bloomer hair to obviously be shorter, I hope this is just since the hair is still fairly young and will straighten out within the next 6 months once it matures. what are you guys' thoughts on this? the hair from my donor area is straight which is why I think it's curly because of the current stage of hair growth

photo.jpg

It's quite normal for the new transplanted hair to come in wavy/curly it will correct itself in time so do not worry.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

while still a little curly, i noticed that if i dry my hair with a towel instead of a blowdryer, the implanted hair characteristics are a lot closer to the native hair.

i guess when i blow dry the hair, the implanted hair is the first thing the heat sees which causes it to angle backwards as it dries.