Is shockloss still a factor after 2 Month post op?

I mean if you experience shockloss from the native hairs close to where the grafts where placed. Will it only be the first Month or 2? Or Can you still loose more native hair at Month 3 and 4?

I deff. Lost alot more native hairs close to where i recieved grafts, i really hope it Will come back, im around 2,5 Month post op. And i am in a deep deep mood. :(

johnny2000,

Think of shock loss on a bell curve. It occurs for most patients at around 2-4 weeks post-op and can last for another 2-4 weeks thereafter. So that's a broad window period of roughly 8 weeks.

Not many patients experience it beyond 6 weeks post-op but it is certainly not unheard of.

In addition, some guys experience a shedding cycle which is different from shock loss. Shock loss is almost always related directly to the level of trauma the scalp is under post-op as a result from the surgery.

A shed is simply a time component of the complete growth cycle affecting a larger percent of hair follicles entering the resting phase and thereby losing hair density overall. It generally affects areas outside of the recipient zone. It is usually thought of as generalized thinning throughout the scalp.

When the scalp heals and the trauma dissipates, the shocked follicles rest and eventually enter the growth cycle.

Hair follicles generally rest for 3-4 months whether they rest from shock loss or a shed cycle. It's the dormant period in the growth cycle.

The hardest part is to relax and allow your body to do it's own healing and resting.

It's simply takes time and patience, and I know firsthand that it is easier said than done...:rolleyes:

Hang in there johnny...you're going to be fine! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm 2.5 months post op and have some general thinning throughout the scalp, although this is mainly in the recipient areas. The worst area is the crown - I had a very small number placed there at the last minute as I had some grafts left over during the op. People say they can see small black dots inbetween the hairs, so hope these are hairs beginning to come back! I can't see them myself and the camera doesn't pic them up.

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. My hair procedure was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't experienced any shock loss or shedding of the areas nearby my transplanted or donor areas. Dr. Meshkin mentioned on the phone that the Nokor Microslit Grafting technique lowers the chances of shock loss. He also mentioned that if I haven't experienced any shock loss yet, then I probably wouldn't much or at all. Has anyone else had the

Nokor Microslit Grafting technique done for their hair transplant procedure?

The technique undoubtedly involves the use of blades to create the recipient sites and as a result, is less invasive with a lower corresponding level of trauma.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
Is shockloss still a factor after 2 Month post op?

I mean if you experience shockloss from the native hairs close to where the grafts where placed. Will it only be the first Month or 2? Or Can you still loose more native hair at Month 3 and 4?

I deff. Lost alot more native hairs close to where i recieved grafts, i really hope it Will come back, im around 2,5 Month post op. And i am in a deep deep mood. :(

Hi, has your shockloss stopped? How many hairs are/were you losing everyday?

Does anyone know of ideas on how to help recovery shock loss faster?

There are some docs of the opinion that starting low dose finasteride prior to the procedure can help to curb the level of post-op shock loss.

But as far as the recovery period from shock loss, there is really nothing that can be done except to allow the scalp/body to recover itself from the trauma that induces shock loss.

Some say to use ice packs but shock loss has nothing to do with swelling or inflammation to my knowledge.

Gillenator