Any good HT surgeons around Columbus, OH?

I know that many will say it's worth flying across the world for a quality HT, but if a good doc is nearby, I would much rather not fly across the world :-)

Do you guys know any quality doctors near Columbus, OH?

Thanks!

I like Dr. Raymond Konior's work and his clinic is drivable in Illinois. He's very ethical and provides good planning over a lifetime.

Dr. Robert Haber is in Ohio and also good and reputable.

Dr. John Frank is in your backyard in Columbus and one of the recommended surgeons in this community although I don't know much about his work. What I have heard has been good to date.

You need to thoroughly research any doctor that is recommended to your own satisfaction and goals.

The best docs are worth traveling to...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey buddy, is Max & Erma's Grill still alive and well in Columbus?...:D

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Welcome!

I suggest viewing our interactive map for physicians in and around your area. You can view our criteria for recommending physicians here.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks Fellas. I'm not actually in Columbus yet, but likely moving with the family next year, so not a clue if Max and Erma's is still alive and kickin :-)

So, I looked up: Dr. John Frank with the interactive map and it shows him as Columbus, when I click through to his profile, it says he's in NYC? I'm confused... Also says he played for the San Fransisco 49ers. So, he played in the NFL and then just decided he randomly wanted to be a surgeon? I don't get it.

I would go with Dr. Konior, after you move you will be in driving distance as Gillenator mentions.

He is one of the best HT surgeons in the world.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yes Dr. Frank played in the NFL however most of the pro football players as well as many pro athletes went to college with plans beyond their sports career. So for him, it was something he aspired to go into the medical field and why he chose HT surgery, I really cannot answer.

Nothing against him, but I cannot say he would be my first choice however he would not be a recommended surgeon within this community unless he demonstrated the type and quality of standards set forth to be recommended. I have seen only a couple examples of his work and IMHO, it was good. Dr. Konior and Dr. Haber have been doing HTs for a long time, are ethical, and do very good work.

The bottom line is, never make your choice based on location or geographical convenience. You have to know what your goals and expectations are working within your own limitations. Then start looking at each surgeon's work on other patients that have similar patterns of your own hair loss as well as your hair characteristics.

You need to dialogue with each doctor before you make any final decision. You want to first prepare and have a list of your questions and potential concerns to ask and see how each doctor addresses your concerns. Most of them will be accommodating to do a virtual consultation with you.

Max & Erma's is a hot spot, sports club restaurant in the heart of Columbus...:cool:

Gillenator