Q1. Redness, and Q2. Thickness

Hey Guys,

Question1: I'm 5 months post-op and I redness/irritation here and there, some minor pimples, etc. Nothing crazy. I then switched from Rogaine to Minoxidil and it caused a major flare up on the transplant area of my head. Redness, itchy, bleeding, almost like a chemical burn type effect. Anyways, I've since stopped using it and it no longer itches or had giant blemishes. However, it's noticeably red (I never wear a hat anymore so I'm not sure if it could be from the sun burning the skin?) and is flaking skin off like no-ones business.

Does anyone have a possible solution to get rid of the redness/flaking skin?

Question2: I believe the word is "Caliber," when referring to the density of the hair, which is essentially my question. The hair in the recipient area is nice and fine and definitely coming in. However, it is noticeably thinner than all the hair that where before. I'm 5 months post-op and am curious if this is something that is corrected towards the end of the year? Or if it's just the luck of the draw.

Thanks,

Josh

I would have a dermatologist look at the redness and flaking, and for the non-transplanted area also try a hydrocortisone cream.

Initially some people experience the new transplanted hair growing in thin or even vellus, but in most cases it thickens up over time, you're still very early at 5 months so the caliber should improve over the coming months

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I would have a dermatologist look at the redness and flaking, and for the non-transplanted area also try a hydrocortisone cream.

Initially some people experience the new transplanted hair growing in thin or even vellus, but in most cases it thickens up over time, you're still very early at 5 months so the caliber should improve over the coming months

I purchased last night:

Seslon Blue - Medicated; and

Nizoral - Anti-Drandruff Shampoo

Wasn't sure which would work.

I washed my hair last night with the Selson, and I actually notice a pretty decent improvement this morning. I was it again this morning. I just actually read "how often you should shampoo your hair," and I wasn't aware it wasn't something you shouldn't do every day.

I am going to use the Selson Blue 1-2x/week until the dandruff is gone, and then switch to Nizoral 1-3x/week permanently (as I hear it has hair growing effects)

As for the thickness of the hair, I greatly appreciate your response. I am glad to hear that 5 months is "early" still, I am aware it's a year long experience, but I was told months 3-6 are the "MAJOR" changes. My doctor said my receding hairline area wouldn't grow in like the other areas, which left me concerned as he mentioned that after I took the damn medicine to knock me out for the treatment.

I'm somewhat disappointed in my Doctors post-op contact, I haven't been a very needy client, made all my payment and I've asked maybe two questions in 5-months, and each time I was promised a reply from him, I received neither. However, his daughters replies have been very delightful.

Josh

Purchasing shampoos and going to a dermatologist are not the same man (just busting on you :D)

watch out with the Nizoral, not recommended at all unless prescribed for short-term use by a doctor

Sorry about your post-op communication issues with the clinic, after going to a great one (Konior who directly replies) I can't ever imagine going anywhere else

I do believe it will continue to thicken up, mine has continued to even now

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Anything under 6 months is to early.

it wasn't untill I hit seven months that I was finally starting to be pleased with the results. The growth was all evident, and every graft came in but it still looked like crap hence the reason I became worrisome.

It really does only get better from here on, slowly but surely

As for redness it took me 6 - 61/2 months for it to be fully gone. Don't be alarmed