Hello Everyone! New User Who Needs A Surgeon In NY Area

Hello everyone! I can't ignore my hair line anymore and despite other people telling me that "real men don't care about their hair", I'm starting to think about the surgical restoration of my hair line.

Of course I know that there are many people who had bad scars and other issues after their surgeries but there are also are those who are happy after their surgeries and I wanna be one of them.

Does any of you who had this procedure done (FUE or other method) have any scars in the area of the new hair growth? Are there any scars or bulges where the new hair were planted?

And finally, can anyone suggest a good hair transplant surgeon in NY - Northern New Jersey area? (board certified of course) So far I was able to find Doctor Bernstein from Manhattan:)

Hello

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/adv-search-results.asp?StateAbr=NY&Search=Search

Haven't done FUE as yet so couldn't tell you but you get small white dots which are the small scars left from the extraction. As for FUT there is a scar which isn't visible if you don't cut your sides too short. Also needs to be done properly by a skilled surgeon. I cut my hair usually to a number 3 & can't see it. Then cut the bottom & side burns to a number 1 or a 2.

Check out Dr. Mike Beehner in Saratoga Springs (upstate). Well worth the 2 hour trip from NYC.

Amazing doc and a very approachable, down to earth guy who tells it like it is. I was in a pretty awful situation (high norwood and a poor donor), yet after ~4000 grafts from Dr. Beehner, I look like a new person.

He offers complimentary consults in Newburgh, which would be a lot closer to NYC.

Hello everyone! I can't ignore my hair line anymore and despite other people telling me that "real men don't care about their hair", I'm starting to think about the surgical restoration of my hair line.

Of course I know that there are many people who had bad scars and other issues after their surgeries but there are also are those who are happy after their surgeries and I wanna be one of them.

Does any of you who had this procedure done (FUE or other method) have any scars in the area of the new hair growth? Are there any scars or bulges where the new hair were planted?

And finally, can anyone suggest a good hair transplant surgeon in NY - Northern New Jersey area? (board certified of course) So far I was able to find Doctor Bernstein from Manhattan:)

Check out Dr. Mike Beehner in Saratoga Springs (upstate). Well worth the 2 hour trip from NYC.

Amazing doc and a very approachable, down to earth guy who tells it like it is. I was in a pretty awful situation (high norwood and a poor donor), yet after ~4000 grafts from Dr. Beehner, I look like a new person.

He offers complimentary consults in Newburgh, which would be a lot closer to NYC.

Hey thanks!:):) Is he a really skillful doctor? Are there any dots where new hair is implanted? I was always thinking about whether it's worth it after hearing all the horror stories about scars and thinking about how they gonna ruin my "beautiful skin" :D Would you know by a chance how much he charges for a graft? Are you satisfied with your look? I hope I did not ask too many questions, thanx anyway!:)

Hello

Hair Transplant Network

Haven't done FUE as yet so couldn't tell you but you get small white dots which are the small scars left from the extraction. As for FUT there is a scar which isn't visible if you don't cut your sides too short. Also needs to be done properly by a skilled surgeon. I cut my hair usually to a number 3 & can't see it. Then cut the bottom & side burns to a number 1 or a 2.

Thank you for your reply, I was just wondering if there is a real chance of a failure and how my forehead is gonna look after new hair is implanted. Sometimes you wish you've never done something. One thing for sure is that I really want my hair to be there as long as they could :D:)

In the tristate area I'd recommend starting with Dr. Feller, Dr. Wesley, and then Drs. True and Dorin. Dr. Bernstein is a pioneer and good doctor, but IMO he's a bit on the conservative side and pricier. These docs all perform strip as well as FUE. There is always a risk of a HT failing. However, if you go to one of the docs mentioned the possibility of failure is very slim, plus each of these docs can give you a natural-looking result using the most up-to-date HT technology and methods.

Also, I recommend you spend as much time researching HTs as you can. You should be aware of all the risks and understand what goes into each type of surgery. Just digging through this forum will help get you educated quickly.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Google 'dr. beehner hair transplant' and you'll find Dr. Beehner's website. It gives you a walk-thru tour of exactly what the procedure is like...and has financial info, as well.

HT's are pretty much risk-free if you go with one of the recommended surgeons on here. While every patient is different, virtually everyone who gets a procedure from one of the big-name docs on this board experiences significant improvement and quite tolerable scarring. I was terrified before my first HT, but am headed back to the chair one final time next week for HT #3. My advice..take that first step and book a consultation. Carefully check out Dr. Beehner's site, as well...lots of great info on there.

Thank you for your reply, I was just wondering if there is a real chance of a failure and how my forehead is gonna look after new hair is implanted. Sometimes you wish you've never done something. One thing for sure is that I really want my hair to be there as long as they could :D:)