BeHappy Hairpiece and Hair Transplant

• Moderators

This is exactly what I wanted to do - IF it wasn't possible to do a full hair transplant. I had been wearing a hairpiece for a while and the biggest issue was with the fake hairline. I figured if I could at least make the hairline be real nobody would ever think the rest of it is a hair piece. The Dr saw me with and without the hairpiece, so he would know what type of thickness I was looking for. The scumbag insisted that he could transplant the entire area at the same density as the hairpiece and to prove it to me he started on the crown first. I eventually ran out of grafts before getting the front portion completed. They even had to resort to removing grafts in the crown to place them in the front just to try to get some sort of decent frontal area.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy, sorry for your experience.

I think best for you to post your story on your own separate thread, (1) to name the doctor who did it to you to save others from going through the same experience and (2) to avoid confusion because people who's native language is not English or a casual reader might confuse who you are actually directing your comments to.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 8 years later...