1 month postop

i had my first HT on May 13th and now it is almost 1 month postop. My transplanted hair has grown longer but I have just seen 2 to 3 hairs fall out. Is the shock loss a must-be step? If my hair does not fall out, does that mean my hair adapt the new site and will never encounter loss shock in the future? Thanks!

my scalp has been very itchy and oily lately and I used T-gel for 3 days. Is that OK?

any comments are welcome!

Thank you all!

photo.JPG.d68fc414fe674420f4e4e38814f25d86.JPG

5b32df91adf15_photo(1).JPG.614dc4748c736191c5b895b9297de554.JPG

5b32df91c7fc2_photo1.JPG.04942c0ab297700f839dc26b9bf51fad.JPG

5b32df91d8e86_photo2.JPG.22aa350f48d2ccf44cd2893194807eea.JPG

Edited by xchromosome

Its still early , I think anywhere from 2-8 week is when patients usually experience shockloss or shedding .Or perhaps you may be lucky enough to not have any shedding whatsoever like myself. I wo dered the same thing and was told most do and few don't. I was fortunate enough and at 4 months they still hadnt shed and they were actually growing. Good luck to you

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

I lose a lot of hair every day, no worries. 2 months is probably your low point and you should expect all of your transplanted hair to fall out initially and then regrow. Who was your doc?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Its still early , I think anywhere from 2-8 week is when patients usually experience shockloss or shedding .Or perhaps you may be lucky enough to not have any shedding whatsoever like myself. I wo dered the same thing and was told most do and few don't. I was fortunate enough and at 4 months they still hadnt shed and they were actually growing. Good luck to you

Scott

Thanks for reply! I was told that shock loss could happen 14 days postop, so I am worried a little. Do you have any comment on my pic? Thanks

I lose a lot of hair every day, no worries. 2 months is probably your low point and you should expect all of your transplanted hair to fall out initially and then regrow. Who was your doc?

Thanks for your reply! can you give me your email and i can tell you my doc.

Thanks for your reply! can you give me your email and i can tell you my doc.

what's with all the secrets? LOL :)

only half kidding, but I think good or bad since you're posting your results on this open forum people are going to want to know which doctor you went with.

it helps future patients make an informed decision

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for reply! I was told that shock loss could happen 14 days postop, so I am worried a little. Do you have any comment on my pic? Thanks

I think the work looks good judging from your pics. Natually like hsrp stated the next question on a forum like this would be who is your doc ? If you chose a coalition surgeon here you shouldn't need to worry to much , as there are a few people are lucky enough to not experience any or minimal shockloss. Good luck to you

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

what's with all the secrets? LOL :)

only half kidding, but I think good or bad since you're posting your results on this open forum people are going to want to know which doctor you went with.

it helps future patients make an informed decision

haha, good point. Before i tell u who is my doc, can you give me any comments on my hairline building? I donot wanna any pre conceived notion if you know who my doc is.

I don't see anything wrong with the work and it seems like a good plan. You are a little more crusty than I ever was. Did you keep your recipient sprayed to keep it wet? You should probably to the point where you should be working that stuff out in the shower.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't see anything wrong with the work and it seems like a good plan. You are a little more crusty than I ever was. Did you keep your recipient sprayed to keep it wet? You should probably to the point where you should be working that stuff out in the shower.

thanks for your suggestions. i just put the shampoo foam on the recipient area when i took the shower. i just worried any force could pull out the hair. how can i get rid of these crusty stuff? thanks

Regular washing with a gentle shampoo should do the trick (I think I used baby shampoo for a few weeks). Make sure to read and follow all of your post op instructions.

View Spanker's Website

Regular washing with a gentle shampoo should do the trick (I think I used baby shampoo for a few weeks). Make sure to read and follow all of your post op instructions.

Thank you. my scalp is very oily and itchy after i use the normal shampoo for a couple of days, then i need to use the T-gel once or twice to get rid of the itchy feeling. ill call the clinic to see if they have some ways to clean the crusty stuff. Thank you, Spanker.

Coconut oil was my magic, by day 12 post op the scabs and crusts were completely gone

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

haha, good point. Before i tell u who is my doc, can you give me any comments on my hairline building? I donot wanna any pre conceived notion if you know who my doc is.

Hairline looks decent and relatively clean work

I am concerned about your crusting as Spanker mentioned, especially at one month post-op and still having it

Crusts should be off by around 10-14 days after, use something mild (baby shampoo, coconut oil have already been mentioned) and gently massage in a circular motion. There is a thing as being too gentle after 2 weeks, and the remaining crusting and valleys you have seem to indicate not massaging off the crusts in a timely fashion

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Hairline looks decent and relatively clean work

I am concerned about your crusting as Spanker mentioned, especially at one month post-op and still having it

Crusts should be off by around 10-14 days after, use something mild (baby shampoo, coconut oil have already been mentioned) and gently massage in a circular motion. There is a thing as being too gentle after 2 weeks, and the remaining crusting and valleys you have seem to indicate not massaging off the crusts in a timely fashion

thanks for your suggestion. my doc is Dr. Feller in NY.

I will start to massage the receipt area while taking a shower. I was afraid any force could damage the transplanted hair, so I just put shampoo foam on the receipt area and then rinse it. that may also explain why there are few hair that have fallen out even after 1 month post op. the pic attached with this msg was taken just now.

thanks again! really appreciate your comments.

photo.jpg.72ec6bb3365e90794e59df849c67edd9.jpg

Coconut oil was my magic, by day 12 post op the scabs and crusts were completely gone

thanks for your advice! ill try to use the coconut oil shampoo right now. hope it is not too late. really appreciate your help!

understood man, I was like that my first HT too

just be gentle and use circular motions only when the hair and scalp is moist, you're past the critical 10 days now so you can't do any harm now and gently removing those crusts will help with the growth to come

go dense or go home

just be gentle and use circular motions only when the hair and scalp is moist, you're past the critical 10 days now so you can't do any harm now and gently removing those crusts will help with the growth to come

got it. thanks so much.

yea, there are so many things need to be cared at the 1st time, but i do appreciate there are so many nice people in this forum giving nice suggestions.

Hi man, did u buy commercial coconut oil shampoo (brand recommendation) or just add coconut oil in your shampoo by yourself ( ratio)? Thanks.

You may want to use a luke warm towel and scrub your scalp for a few minutes each day. At one month post-op, you should be noticing some significant shedding of transplanted hair shafts.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians