Minoxidil after HT?

Hi guys, i actually just have one question. When can i start using Minoxidil after HT?

Some say wait for 2 weeks, others say 2 months. When is it safe to start using it? Thanks :)

I've researched it many recommend after the wound healed, --> 2 weeks sound good. Some say even as early as 5 to 7 days.

After my 1st HT (4 years ago), I remember I went on it around 5 or 7 days. I just got my 2nd yesterday (6-10-14); this is why I'm back on the forum to browse around and refresh my memory on the experiences. I'm planning to do it again around 5 days--but I'll see how it heals first.

Does Using Rogaine (Minoxidil) After Hair Transplant Surgery Arouse Early Hair Growth? | Hair Loss Q & A

Can I use minoxidil after a hair transplant?

Should I use minoxidil (Rogaine) after my hair transplant?

This question comes up at least 2-3 times every week.

Minoxidil is not necessary for growth after a HT, especially if you went to a good hair restoration surgeon

Starting Minoxil for the very first time after surgery can cause shedding, and also it contains alcohol so you have to be careful about applying to the recipient area too. I think best to wait a month or even several months

Restarting if you had previously used before surgery is another case, and should be Ok

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

smart move I think

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)