can my HT be repaired?

Had 4 large plug type procedures from 1980-1988, probably about 300-350 plugs and one micro graft procedure in 1991, maybe 60 or so. Started wearing a hairpiece in 1993 when unable to "hide" plugs, even with the micros. Now, I am left with 2-3 rows of plugs in front hairline and many in part of crown, rest of top of head pretty much bald or getting there. NW 6 I think. I am considering repair surgery. Been told by 2 local Massachusetts HT docs that they can excise front grafts (and split and re-use FUs) in a strip and that I have enough other donor left to "cover"top of my head (not sure how densely) and leave rear of crown bald. They feel they'd leave some of the crown plugs in and the donor FUs would be ok to "hide" them. Frontal excision would occur first, then 3 months later major grafting. One doc estimated 2,000 grafts for a first graft procedure and that approx 1,500-2,000 would be available for a second procedure if desired. I want to believe this is possible but hard to trust. Is this possible? All feedback welcome!

It can be repaired for sure with today's technology & the skill of a quality surgeon. I've seen high Norwood sufferers that had old plugs removed & the scalp fixed. The front half would frame your face nicely & with a second operation the crown could be covered lightly too. Depends what you look like now & how thin things are on top.

Any pics?

YES! If you have the donor, they can definitely remove your old plugs and put them back in as follicular units. The key is to get a good doctor (not only local) who has experience in this!!!!!!! Do plenty of research and choose the right doctor for you, as you won't have any donor at all to waste. I would consider Dr. Wesely if you are in New England and also True and Dorin, but you should research repairs on this site and find someone that you are comfortable with. Please don't make the mistake of going to someone that just says they can do it. Most of the doctors on here have been heavily vetted by users like you. Use their knowledge and experience to help find the right person. You could also load up some pics and get a lot of great advice as well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.