Advice needed please ht or meds

Hi guys ,

My name is akash .

I am suffering from hair loss since 19 years of age . Now i am 24 .

I have tried the most expensive and most cheap , snake oils ,loreal products everything to stop or regrow hairs but they made situation worse .

I am on finasteride from almost 2 months . My hair loss i think controlled or they are so fine that i cannot see them falling .

I have attached some pictures i need a hair transplant .

Please advice me a doctor and what best i can get .

Thanks .

image.jpg.4708ca687155088ccc4149c367895937.jpg

Where are from? Honstley, I don't feel like you are a candidate at this point. Give finasteride another 10 months and check back in would be advice.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, DO NOT JUMP INTO A PROCEDURE WITHOUT KNOWING THE DOCTOR WELL AND SEEING SOME OF HIS PATIENTS, PREFERABLY IN PERSON. Young people losing their hair do desperate things and it costs them in the long run.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Where are from? Honstley, I don't feel like you are a candidate at this point. Give finasteride another 10 months and check back in would be advice.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, DO NOT JUMP INTO A PROCEDURE WITHOUT KNOWING THE DOCTOR WELL AND SEEING SOME OF HIS PATIENTS, PREFERABLY IN PERSON. Young people losing their hair do desperate things and it costs them in the long run.

i am from india , and my hair loss is bad , in this picture it is not clear , i do not how to attach multiple pictures at same time , i can send more pictures , i need a hair transplant for my front hair line , i can travel to a place where good ht can be done .

and what can be achieved through meds ,

also i have not suffered any finasteride side effects or i am not thinking of side effects , but are these side effects real ?

and did anyone have regrown hairs or had thick hairs on finasteride ?

I think it's good that you have started Propecia as this will help to slow down the loss and maybe even stop it. You should also notice the difference in the quality of your hair. This does take time and it is advisable to stick with it and see how things look after 12 months. I would wait and see how that goes and maybe use Nizarol once or twice weekly too. I think it is too early to consider a transplant as you will need to see how you respond to propecia first. After you have been on Propecia for at least 12 months you can then look at your options. Hope this helps.

i think it's good that you have started propecia as this will help to slow down the loss and maybe even stop it. You should also notice the difference in the quality of your hair. This does take time and it is advisable to stick with it and see how things look after 12 months. I would wait and see how that goes and maybe use nizarol once or twice weekly too. I think it is too early to consider a transplant as you will need to see how you respond to propecia first. After you have been on propecia for at least 12 months you can then look at your options. Hope this helps.

the main fear is i have lost a significant density , i always used to grow my hairs till shoulders and played drums and guiter and used to bang them , but somehting went wrong with my hair ,

also the reason for starting meds is , we never know how much more hair we will loose and i just read that save your donor area , i will be happy if i can have hairs till age 35-40 , afterwards who cares.

And also i have used all that snake oil shit i think that took my density away

I don't think the snake oil would have caused the loss in density as you fear but even if it did then I suspect it would return to how it was before you used it within 6 months or so. Staying on propecia gives you a good chance of maintaining your hair or at least slowing down your loss so you most probably will still have hair after 40! You only have a limited donor supply and a transplant is so tempting to jump in to at the first signs of loss but people need to plan long term. Try the meds and don't waste your money on snake oil etc as they won't work on male pattern loss. You are on the best treatment ( propecia ) and I would wait until you are at least 30 until you consider a transplant as you need to see how well you respond to the medication first. Forward planning is best for long term success. You are in the best place here for help & knowledge! :)

I don't think the snake oil would have caused the loss in density as you fear but even if it did then I suspect it would return to how it was before you used it within 6 months or so. Staying on propecia gives you a good chance of maintaining your hair or at least slowing down your loss so you most probably will still have hair after 40! You only have a limited donor supply and a transplant is so tempting to jump in to at the first signs of loss but people need to plan long term. Try the meds and don't waste your money on snake oil etc as they won't work on male pattern loss. You are on the best treatment ( propecia ) and I would wait until you are at least 30 until you consider a transplant as you need to see how well you respond to the medication first. Forward planning is best for long term success. You are in the best place here for help & knowledge! :)

I APPRECIATE your advice , thanx for giving me such a helpful advice , i think this is how it works , helping people and share your experiences with others .

but i was just thinking , like if i go for a ht know i think i can have better looks now and atleast i can enjoy my 6-7 years now and when we hit 35 i think many of us gets bald and we get older and we have more things to do in life , like we have kids there problems and hell lot of other tensions and also many of us go bald so we are adjustable in that age .

this is my opinion for getting a ht now , and this is not my first sign my first sign of hair loss was 7 years ago since then i am struggling .

thanks ,

any advice appreciated

Speaking as someone who is 35 I can tell you it's fairly likely you will care when you're 35. And 45. And 55. The point the others are making above is if you get bad advice or a bad procedure now, you're potentially going to have fucked your options in future.

Don't jump into any procedure. Seriously, the more you research and the more you know, the longer you'll take to make a decision. I think I've been toying with the idea for abut two years and I could well have had one after a month of looking had circumstances been different. And I'd have likely made a pretty crappy decision at the one-month mark.

The advice you've been given is sound. Take meds. Research. See where that leaves you in a year. Or just give it a few months. But don't do something rash.

Speaking as someone who is 35 I can tell you it's fairly likely you will care when you're 35. And 45. And 55. The point the others are making above is if you get bad advice or a bad procedure now, you're potentially going to have fucked your options in future.

Don't jump into any procedure. Seriously, the more you research and the more you know, the longer you'll take to make a decision. I think I've been toying with the idea for abut two years and I could well have had one after a month of looking had circumstances been different. And I'd have likely made a pretty crappy decision at the one-month mark.

The advice you've been given is sound. Take meds. Research. See where that leaves you in a year. Or just give it a few months. But don't do something rash.

thank you sir for your advice .

i more thing i want to ask , like if i go for a ht just to get a hairline like just get a symmetry , it can give a more confident look to me and the rest hairs i can save through meds .

so is this decision correct ?

Try Rogaine also. Anecdotal evidence indicates it may work in the frontal area..worth a shot.

Agree with other posters. Do NOT rush out and get a HT now. Lets the meds run their course and also see what your hair loss is like after a few years. If it is very aggressive, it is not worth getting a HT b/c you will inevitably have to shave your head at some point and you will regret the tiny FUE scars.

I am 40 and just now got my first HT (1500 FUE). As others said, you will care about your hair past 35 :)

Also some docs in the US do "micrografts" which are smaller procedures of like 500 hairs to fill in small bald areas. But again, do not even do this yet...