minoxidil after HT?

I'm day 26 post HT. I've had mild shedding of the recipient area but still retaining 60%+ of my graft hairs atm.

I'm yet to resuming minoxidil.. holding off just to be cautious as I dont want any adverse reaction.

Are there more benifits than negatives from using minoxdil at this point.

Any personal accounts of min after HT would be helpful

thanks Logan

I'd be careful about using it post-op in the recipient area as some have experienced sheds, Since21 and others come to mind.

I'm not a big fan of it, and think in the early stages it could do more harm than good. Maybe wait another month or so if you can

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm more than thrilled with the shedding from resuming fin :rolleyes:

Tbh I'm not sure when I'll resume minox.. just wanting more info first.

I've just been using coconut oil and neem oil om alternating days since day 15. I think its worked well to keep the recipient area moisturised and healthy.

Yeah restarting meds sucks in that way, did your doc recommend you to temporarily stop Fin?

I've recently been using coconut oil myself to cope with dryness on my forehead and some areas in the hairline. Used to have an oily scalp but has gotten dry of late

Seems quite a few people on here use coconut oil post-op, nice natural moisturizer

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I'm not worried about shed on fin, its to be expected.

I'm more worried about minox on vulnerable grafts, doc said it was ok at day 15 but i'm yet to resume minox.

Try neem oil, its anti-fingal properties is excellent and improve hair luster. I apply it every 4 day. Leave it in your hair for 30min before washing.

I'd be careful about using it post-op in the recipient area as some have experienced sheds, Since21 and others come to mind.

I'm not a big fan of it, and think in the early stages it could do more harm than good. Maybe wait another month or so if you can

My shed and thinning came in the mid-scalp and crown behind the recipient site. I didn't use it before my HT and haven't resumed using it since I stopped approximately 20 days post-op. I started 9-10 post-op.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018