Istanbul HT - 5 days to go!

After over four years a member here I have finally decided on an HT / FUE procedure. I haven't exactly rushed into it and I'm thankful and grateful for all the help, advice and support from many members here over the past few years.

I've finally signed up to go to Istanbul (not Constantinople!) Flying from the UK via Amsterdam to Istanbul.

I'm a Norwood 5(a), but hey, we are ALL more than just a number on a door aren't we! So hopefully I'll 'at least' lose the (a) of that Norwood Scale, but in reality I'm after a little bit more progress! all in good time.

The surgeon will be conducting ALL of the procedure himself (very hands on) over two days, spending approx seven to eight hours on 'each' session. Looking at around 4500 grafts in two separate procedures of FUE.

He's been a speaker and member of the ISHRS for a number of years now.

I'm well aware just how fragile and momentary life is (my hair loss was in part triggered by a massive head trauma which nearly left me for dead). We only have 'one life' and if we can enhance it in some small way then 'why not.' "Carpe Diem!"

So I've been planning and researching and saving for a few years now, just a little bit put aside each month in the piggy bank!

It really doesn't feel quite 'real' at this moment as I type all this, that in just over a week's time I'll be in Istanbul To be honest, I feel quite 'alone' in doing this journey and I envy those of you who have family and friends to support you in this enterprise. Sadly, I 'am' my own support .

As I said initially, I've been a member for a few years now and the admin staff have been first rate and so approachable, and the members 'here' are a class act too, with everyone I contacted over the years getting back to me with well balanced support, advice and suggestions. So thank you.

Kindest Regards, Campbell.

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by CAMPBELL

Congratulations! I'm not familiar with your physician but I'm looking forward to following your progress. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

what was your deciding factor in going with Dr. Karadeniz ?

never heard of him

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I really hope you have a better experience than I did with Longevita. My surgeon was different though.

The pricing is excellent. However in my case Longevita did not deliver. I only got probably half of the grafts I paid for. And my surgeon did practically none of the work.

So lets have fingers and everything crossed they have upped there game.

oh my...

after four years on here the OP is going with Longevita?

sorry I just don't get it. HT's are not a game of playing fingers crossed, he is going to have his head cut open and physical appearance altered forvever

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Thank you for the resounding words of 'support' and 'encouragement' Gentlemen.

In light of the remarks I think it'll be best if I update in 6 to 12 months.

Kindest Regards,

Campbell.

We certainly support you in the decision to have a HT, we've been through it.

However those of us who have had failed procedures like Johnboy71 - who went to the same clinic you are going to, that doesn't bother you? and myself who was horribly scarred by Bosley, cannot in good faith support your decision to go with a non recommended surgeon.

go dense or go home

I was actually quite happy with my choice until Dr Maral recently told me just about how many grafts they actually done (FUE) say it was approx 1750 instead of the planned 3500.

The grafts i had though all grew fine! and there direction is fine also. My other issue was that the surgeon did none of the work - despite me being told that he would be involved 100% in some capacity throughout. So to summarise what i had all grew in fine. If i had got the full amount i would have been happy.

I read up about your chosen surgeon and what i found was fine to be fair ! I chose Dr Maral this time as i have personally seen some of his results.

Sorry if i sounded negative - it was more for a heads up i was trying to offer.

They only do FUE so at least you wont have a bad scar :-/

Unfortunately this is not always true. FUE, if not performed properly can leave scarring that is very noticeable to the point that shaving (which is the main point of FUE) is not possible without the ravaging effects being obvious. This is not a strip vs. FUE issue. It is just a fact of life.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians